• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwhites4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm looking to get a new carry gun since i sold mine to my boss. I am kind of picky when it comes to a gun. Took 4 months to decide on the last one. I am stuck between an FNP9, Sig P226 (full size) in 9mm, or a Beretta 92 M9A1 (not 92A1).

Does anyone own one of these pistols that can give some insight? Whatever I get needs to have an exposed hammer, decocker, light rail, and hold around 15+1. Would also like to stay with a model that has a good selection of holsters (I know the FNP will be a chore).

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    While I do not personally own any of those models I have fired all of them at least once. All are fine weapons and would serve you well. Everyone is different, none of them are quite my cup of tea, but I cannot deny they are excellent handguns.
    I know that really isn't much help, but the good news is you really can't go wrong with any of those choices IMO.
    Good luck with your decision :ingo:

jwhites4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks for the followup. I havent shot any of them and finding anyone around me with any of these guns that would let me shoot them is like pulling teeth.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    All good guns, i would lean toward the Beretta...though every time i go to buy one i end up getting something else.

Bought a Sig P228 .40, great gun, but i traded it.
    Beretta beat out Sig Saur when they went up against each other for our military carry...in the past...the end dicision... Sig was made in Germany and Beretta here, and the Sigs were slightly more expensive.
    But...Beretta is proven....time and time again as a top contender.

Just my opinion though.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've had a Taurus 92 for 20 years. It was my first pistol I bought. Its a copy of the Baretta. I like it, bit I think it's too big for me to CC.

I like it, and its reliable. But it doent have a rail. Maybe the new ones do.

Maybe you canm find someone on here that'll let you shoot theirs. That's really the only way you'll know if you like it.

jwhites4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    The way i figured it was... Secret Service carry a sig to protect the president, NCIS, Air Marshalls, CGIS, Many state troopers (other states), some CIA ops, many Blackwater ops, and some special forces all carry a Sig. The entire military with few exceptions carry the M9A1. And the FNP has everything I want and looks pretty BA. The way i see it, hardest choice i have had to make in a long time.

Jdalton765

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Muncie, Indiana
    I had the same issue earlier today, i was looking at a glock, FNP, Beretta and a sig, for some reason i couldnt put down the FNP and left the gunshop with it, could regret it later but for now i like looking at it lol

rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    ive owned a p226. really loved the gun. regret getting rid of it. but outside the box theres a bul m5. 1911 polymer frame im looking to purchase. best of both worlds.

Spyke05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I personally would go with the FN or the Sig though you need to make sure that they feel natural in your hand. That being said though you have kept it in good company with those choices all a dependable though I never liked the feel of my service issued Beretta.

jwhites4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks for all the help. Went to the local gun shop and held all 3. The p226 felt like it was machined for my hand. Never had a gun that felt like that. It seamed a little heavier than the m9a1 and a lot heavier than the fnp9, but i guess that will help reduce the recoil :D.

Top Bottom