• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I would like to give my wife a gift this Christmas that is a bit goofy. She's a dentist and I joke about her having a spinning tooth that lights up that she can put on her roof to shoot through red lights for dental emergencies.

Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I'm thinking either a battery operated thing or a 12V cord. Rare-earth magents to hold it to the roof. The hardest thing I think of is having it rotate, but it's easier if the top part contains the power and light source. I assumed it would have the 12V adapter but self-contained power would help. I'm not sure if the tooth would have to be a custom plastic mold or if there's something I could buy and cut in half to use.

I'd like to contract the work out and just get the working device. Any takers or advice on where to post? I thought of E-lance but not sure that's the right place.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Haha, that's an awesome idea. I'm a bit of a tinkerer myself and my mind went racing on different ways of taking care of that. :)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Hah, great ideas! Can't believe I missed that tooth last time I was at clownantics.com!

Not sure on budget. Obviously parts plus something for labor. Is it a one hour assembly or five?

Top Bottom