• ...and so much more!
  • mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Hey Ya'll......
    i have a DPMS Sweet 16 with a stainless bull barrel, which has an OD of 1.050 at the receiver. I'd like to change out the stock hand guard for a 15" Keymod style hand guard. The problem I'm having is finding a barrel nut that will fit a barrel that is made for a barrel over 1.00" OD.
    I've called DPMS and the suggested call a couple of the main online stores, and no luck....
    I'd rather not turn down the barrel, if need be. Does anyone have any ideas on what my options my be!?!??!
    thanks for the help!!
    robert.....
    (I live in Seattle now)

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Onice*** I just saw a couple videos on installing them*** just need to find a mil- spec nut for a bull barrel

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    If the inside diameter of the collar part of the barrel nut is too small, you could take it and the barrel to a machine shop. It should be a real easy job to make the barrel nut opening wide enough to fit. Or just ruin a cheap part but it's worth a try.

Edit: did some research into this method and it seems like an accepted practice with thes barrels. Just tell the machinist to make this thing fit over this thing. Should be 15 mins on the lathe.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom