Need help from folks from Frankfort, Delphi, Logansport area.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Here's what I need, info.
    I'm currently planning a bicycling tour To leave from Frankfort, go up to Battle ground, up to Monticello, then over to Logansport. Then finally back down to Frankfort.
    All of this would be done State roads and other "back" roads.
    There's a lot of little towns on and near my route. The question is which ones are worth stopping to see whatever local deal and which ones should I drive past.
    Examples:
    I plan on going up to Prophets State Park and camping for the night. I'll get up the following day and look around at the battle ground etc.
    Is the Lions and such still up outside Monticello? Would love to stop there.
    On the way to Logansport there's a little post office on the side of the road. Hokie? You betcha, but I want to see it.
    So what else is in this area that I need to see? Remember, think Bicycling. If you take me down some major road what not I'm probably not going for safety. If you tell me there's something cool here or there and it's "only" thirty minutes away that equals close to a day away whilst peddling.
    Well now I'm just rambling What ya got?
    A BIG BONUS would be a someone who knows of somewhere that I camp just off the road just to west or south of Logansport.

Thanks in advance. :ingo:

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Campground in Lake Cicott where the little post office is, and another one just a little further down the road toward Logansport called France Park on the S side of SR 24.

Last edited:

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Thank you so far to everyone who has offered input.
    Still looking for Mom and Pop diners, stores, museums, whatever.
    Thanks again.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I grew up in Logansport. France Park is a great place to camp. It's an old rock quarry that flooded many years ago. Don't know what time of year you plan on going but there's an old ice cream place called Sycamore Drive-In, best chocolate shakes in the world. Happy Burger is also a staple in town as well as Bruno's pizza. I have to get a pizza and a shake EVERY time I'm in town. Enjoy your ride, west of town is some pretty country.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I grew up in Logansport. France Park is a great place to camp. It's an old rock quarry that flooded many years ago. Don't know what time of year you plan on going but there's an old ice cream place called Sycamore Drive-In, best chocolate shakes in the world. Happy Burger is also a staple in town as well as Bruno's pizza. I have to get a pizza and a shake EVERY time I'm in town. Enjoy your ride, west of town is some pretty country.
    Thank you. I'm going either late March or in April. I'll look these places up. I'm always down for good grub.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I would hit France Park, make note of the old erie canal, then go right down the river road to Georgetown, then the Towpath road to Frenchpost and then Mill..............hold on let me jog my memory on Google. Oh snap Adams Mill posted above! When we first moved to that area my Dad drove me around and showed me examples of roman arches and stone work and we ended up at the mill. http://www.carrollcountyindiana.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=377 I always wanted to go when they do their panning for gold thing

http://www.carrollcountyindiana.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=273&Itemid=154

Logansport food: BK West or East drive ins, Burger Barn, Sycamore, Brunos pizza, Ameilos for meatballs, (I have their secret family recipe, the best ever). If you are over 30 and you go to Mr. Happy Burger, linger there for awhile after you eat because I guarantee their "secret sauce" will move you.

Go to the hardware store in Flora

In General it is more scenic if you stay in the Wabash valley at least to Delphi, then follow Deercreek over to Camden, then south to Flora and back down the Wildcat. I no longer recall what highway the old stand of sycamores is along. There it is http://www.carrollcountyindiana.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=150&Itemid=178

If food truly is an issue, then you will man up and hit Solly's in Reynold's. The extra miles will burn the fried catfish right off.

Last edited:

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Stonehouse in Delphi is a nice little place to eat - it was a brothel back in the day but now they serve American fare.. probably my #1 sit-down-and-eat place in the county. All their breads and stuff are made in-house from scratch, that kind of thing.

The Oakdale Dam Inn is pretty tasty just outside Monticello, right on the river. If you were that way around breakfast, though, Esmeralda's Family Restaurant is the way to go..

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    well if you are up in frankfort you could hit the Hoops on st rd 38 headed north towards rossville, in rossville there is Treece's on the main grag headed west on 26.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks for the Carroll County links! I used to live up that way but have not ventured that direction for some time.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Good thing I'm gonna be peddling. Sounds like are a lot of good places, I'm gonna need to work off the extra calories.

Top Bottom