• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I installed a wireless card (Rosewill RNX-150PCX). I installed the driver and software package, the card disappeared from my device manager, and when I run the diagnostic package it says the card is disabled. I didn't disable it, and have not found it to enable it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    First thing, do a restart. If it doesn't come back on its own, you may need to reinstall the software that came with it. Pay special attention to any prompts given during the installation.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Uninstalled the the software package, restarted twice. OS is Vista. I didn't notice a manual on/off switch on the card when I installed it, but I have never seen one on a card.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    sometimes they are picky in the order in which you install the card/driver. sometimes you have to do the driver first or the card first... sounds stupid, but has caused me a few headachs

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Depending on your OS, get to the Device Manager.

Click on the Network adapter section, right click on your wireless card, select Enable.

Somehow it got disabled and needs to be enabled to work.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    In Vista: Start>Network>(on top toolbar)Network and Sharing Center>(On sidebar)Network Connections>(find appropriate NIC)right click, enable

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I uninstalled the software package again, and still doesn't show up in device manager. I wonder if there is something wrong with the card. It should have worked when it first appeared in device manager, but since it disappeared I wonder if it died.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I hate to say something that might be considered a thread jacking attempt... but upgrading to windows 7 ultimate would solve a lot of your problems!! It's the only way I got Vista to work well with networks in general. :twocents:

Top Bottom