• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SONOP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Hello everybody, I am new here to this site. I live in Indianapolis. I found this website while I was trying to find restoration of rights here in Indiana. I was convicted of a felony back in 1995 when I was 18. I was a stupid kid, who thought I couldn't get caught. I did my time, and have been clean ever since. Now at the age of 34, I'm looking to see what I can do to own a handgun or shotgun for protection. I live in an apartment complex that needless to say isn't the safest, and I was just burglarized last week. I want to be able to protect myself and my kids. I really need to get out of this complex, but being a laid off union worker, money is tight and rent is expensive in most places. If anybody knows anything or steps to how I can legally own a handgun, would be much appreciated.

westfieldxd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    As another person has stated, I believe you can hire an attorney and petition the court for reinstatement of your eligibility per the following Indiana Code:

IC 35-47-2-20
    Removal of disability under this chapter
    Sec. 20. (a) A full pardon from the governor of Indiana for:
    (1) a felony other than a felony that is included in IC 35-42; or
    (2) a violation of this chapter;
    removes any disability under this chapter imposed because of that offense, if fifteen (15) years have elapsed between the time of the offense and the application for a license under this chapter.
    (b) A conditional pardon described in IC 11-9-2-4 for:
    (1) a felony; or
    (2) a violation of this chapter;
    removes a disability under this chapter if the superintendent determines after an investigation that circumstances have changed since the pardoned conviction was entered to such an extent that the pardoned person is likely to handle handguns in compliance with the law.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom