• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    A friend of mine has 3 old .22 rifles and was asking me about their approximate value , I have no clue about these things so I came to the great and powerful INGO for help .

The lineage of one rifle (the pump) can be traced back to the 40's due to constant ownership by one person but the others have been orphans .

1. A JC Higgins / Sears , Roebuck & Co. Model 103.229 , bolt action with magazine tube .

2. Marlin / Glenfield , Model 25 , magazine fed ( I'm guessing a 5 rounder / detachable mag ) , bolt action marked S-L-L.R.

3. Remington " Field Master " , magazine tube , Model 121 , pump action .

All three are wood stocked / forearm and blue metal . I would call them fair condition , light "wear marks" but nothing serious .

Whaddya think INGO ?

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The remington has some colectible value , if in good condition I would view the other two as shooters.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    A friend of mine has 3 old .22 rifles and was asking me about their approximate value , I have no clue about these things so I came to the great and powerful INGO for help .

The lineage of one rifle (the pump) can be traced back to the 40's due to constant ownership by one person but the others have been orphans .

1. A JC Higgins / Sears , Roebuck & Co. Model 103.229 , bolt action with magazine tube .

2. Marlin / Glenfield , Model 25 , magazine fed ( I'm guessing a 5 rounder / detachable mag ) , bolt action marked S-L-L.R.

3. Remington " Field Master " , magazine tube , Model 121 , pump action .

All three are wood stocked / forearm and blue metal . I would call them fair condition , light "wear marks" but nothing serious .

Whaddya think INGO ?

Is he selling these? Interested in the Glenfield.

Dr_O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    The J C Higgins 103.229 is a Marlin 81.
    The Glenfield 25 is most likely a Marlin 780.

Either one would be worth ~$100 in good condition, maybe $75 if fair

The thing about condition is it is subjective. Your idea of fair and mine would probably be different, especially if you are selling and I am buying.

I personally have found that these guns are bringing more than they used to. I recently saw a Glenfield 25 and a Glenfield 60 in a LGS. I would have put them both at fair condition. They were tagged at $150 for the M25 and $120 for the M60.
    I have seen a few fellas on another forum pick up Glenfield 25s for $80 to $100 that were a little beat up in my opinion.

Good luck.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    On a REALLY BAD day,each of these is worth several times the money of the most expensive TV or Stereo in your home! Value is truly measured by actual NEED. That said...The value in Federal Reserve Notes,stated in the above posts look good to me.

Top Bottom