• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I use Mozilla Firefox. If I put my cursor on a thread before I click it I can see the first few sentences of the thread for as long as I want. Lately the little box that would show a sampling of the thread comes up and goes real fast once and I can't read what the thread is about. What setting can I go into to fix this? It is intermittent where one month the box will stay up for as long as I need it and then another month it never pops up.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Step 1) Download Google Chrome
    Step 2) Delete Mozilla Firefox
    Step 3) Enjoy flawless browsing

I dunno how to fix it on Firefox, but I do know I don't have that problem with Chrome. :):

SCUTTER!!!

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Step 1) Download Google Chrome
    Step 2) Delete Mozilla Firefox
    Step 3) Enjoy flawless browsing

I dunno how to fix it on Firefox, but I do know I don't have that problem with Chrome. :):

SCUTTER!!!

Any real problem I've ever had with a browser came from IE, Safari, or Chrome. Mozilla Firefox works great except for the little annoyance.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Uninstall and reinstall, dont use Chrome :D

mckayla-maroney-meme.jpg

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    try starting Firefox in safe mode:

Go to the "Help" menu and select "Restart with Add-ons Disabled"

if it works after that, then restart Firefox normally and start disabling add-ons one at a time until you find the problem

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Try the methodical, if annoying and time-consuming, approach of disabling each of your add-ons one at a time, restarting firefox to see if you still have the issue. Sometimes a seemingly unrelated add-on can screw things up if your firefox updated but the add-on didn't--not always perfectly compatible with newer versions. Hope that helps--it's the best I can think of.

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    Check Add/Remove programs and see if anything new is there that could be causing adware. Otherwise, you'll probably have to get something like Malwarebytes or Microsoft Security Essentials and scan your machiine, preferably in safe mode.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Now I have adware. How do I get rid of it?
    \

Wow .. Where the heck did you DL FF from that you got malware?? (never DL anything unless its the providers website or a reputable site)

What is notifying you that you now have malware on your system?

As mentioned Malwarebytes is a good program, but, there is no 100% best program. Things like malware and virus are literally changing every hour and its hard for them to keep up with the bad guys.

[ame=http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3001-8022_4-10804572.html?spi=724aa1305454e4369ebce9ea47f991e8&part=dl-10804572]Thank you for downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from CNET Download.com[/ame]

Always pay attention when you are installing ANYTHING .. there are always little options that can make things worse .. Like malwarebytes is a great program but DO NOT start the free trial period. It will run all of the time and when the free trial runs out its annoying as ****.

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    Install this

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/no-tooltip-timeout/

it's an addon that keeps the hovertext from timing out

One a side note, firefox is now the most insecure browser on the market, it could by why you contracted spyware. Too many vulnerabilites and exploits. IE9 is in the lead for security, and it's fast. As long as your running vista or later, upgrade and start using that.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    I have dual monitors running and experience this problem if the browser is running on the same monitor as any Windows 7 desktop gadgets. Moving the Firefox window to the other monitor fixes it.

Might try turning of the Windows Gadgets and see it that helps....

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    Open Firefox
    In the web address bar type "about:config" without the quotes(where you would normally type the whatever.com)
    Find/search for this key: browser.chrome.toolbar_tips
    It should be set to "True"
    If it is set to "False" double-click it to change to "True"
    If it is set to "True" double-click it to change to "False", close the browser and repeat to get it back to "True"

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Open Firefox
    In the web address bar type "about:config" without the quotes(where you would normally type the whatever.com)
    Find/search for this key: browser.chrome.toolbar_tips
    It should be set to "True"
    If it is set to "False" double-click it to change to "True"
    If it is set to "True" double-click it to change to "False", close the browser and repeat to get it back to "True"

Did it but didn't fix anything.

Top Bottom