• WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    LMAO

Do you collect anything specific?

P.S. You can send me a visitor message if you don't want to derail your thread.

Doesn't bother me as long as no one else cares!

I collect Marvel stuff mostly...mid 60's up through the 80's. Don't care for much of the 90's junk. I read some of the current stuff as well but I now get those in trade paperback and hardcover rather than singles. Title wise:

Fantastic Four
    Avengers
    X-Men
    Iron Man
    Thor
    etc.

And I love the 70's Marvel Monster books -I have the entire run of Werewolf By Night and Man-Thing...I'm still trying to complete Tomb of Dracula (about 50% there)

I also enjoy some of the indy stuff like 100 Bullets, Y the Last Man & Criminal.

I tell ya being a gun guy and a comicbook guy is rough sometimes....you'd be amazed at how some otherwise VERY talented artists totally SCREW UP the gun related stuff. If I had a dollar for every time they draw a handgun firing the entire LOADED CARTRIDGE I'd be pretty well off. They typically show the entire round CASE and all with the bullet still seated and the primer intact sailing through the air with a jet of fire/smoke trailing it.

:rolleyes:

Some of the writers talk about a character being able to slug off "shells".

:n00b:

Some are much better at the gun stuff than others though.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Doesn't bother me as long as no one else cares!

I collect Marvel stuff mostly...mid 60's up through the 80's. Don't care for much of the 90's junk. I read some of the current stuff as well but I now get those in trade paperback and hardcover rather than singles. Title wise:

Fantastic Four
    Avengers
    X-Men
    Iron Man
    Thor
    etc.

And I love the 70's Marvel Monster books -I have the entire run of Werewolf By Night and Man-Thing...I'm still trying to complete Tomb of Dracula (about 50% there)

I also enjoy some of the indy stuff like 100 Bullets, Y the Last Man & Criminal.

I tell ya being a gun guy and a comicbook guy is rough sometimes....you'd be amazed at how some otherwise VERY talented artists totally SCREW UP the gun related stuff. If I had a dollar for every time they draw a handgun firing the entire LOADED CARTRIDGE I'd be pretty well off. They typically show the entire round CASE and all with the bullet still seated and the primer intact sailing through the air with a jet of fire/smoke trailing it.

:rolleyes:

Some of the writers talk about a character being able to slug off "shells".

:n00b:

Some are much better at the gun stuff than others though.

Call me a child of the 90's but most of those you listed were only TV shows or movies to me, the REAL comics were SPAWN or Alien vs. Predator LOL

That's the clip that my phone plays when I get a text. I can't get away with the "AK-47... when you absolutely, positively..." at work. :)

I tried out the "Say what again Mother....er" ringtone and it didn't last very long. (forgot to silence it at church once...) :n00b:

Top Bottom