• ...and so much more!
  • MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Without knowing anything of your shooting skills, how much training and practice you do, etc. I'm going to guess it's your trigger pull. You can test this by having some other shooters run some rounds through yours. After that, you can tell if you do in deed need to drift your rear sight to the right.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Need a quick fix. Don't want to send it back.

I know, KY windage always works.

About 2.5 inches

If that's all thats wrong, you won't have to send back ! In worse case, you might have to drift the rear site a little. I would do that only at a last resort and only once you verify it's not you not being used to a new gun.

Must be my problem. When mine genuinely shot left, we drifted the rear to the left to compensate. Moving rear to the left will make POA go right.

Maybe if using a mirror to shoot behind you... :D Even then, I'm not sure that would be true. A easy way to remember which way to drift the rear site is you want the site to go same direction as your bullet... In the OP's case, he's shooting left so he would drift his site right... the same direction he wants the bullet to go.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Must be my problem. When mine genuinely shot left, we drifted the rear to the left to compensate. Moving rear to the left will make POA go right.

A easy way to remember which way to drift the rear site is you want the site to go same direction as your bullet... In the OP's case, he's shooting left so he would drift his site right... the same direction he wants the bullet to go.

I should have been more specific in my post. No coffee yet, kids and wife talking in my ears. :D But yes, as stated above, you want to more your rear sight in the direction you want to move your bullets. I'm still guessing it's is his trigger pull. I'm not the most accurate shooter in the world, and I can tell when I start slapping at the trigger, my rounds start moving down and to the left. Been there, done it, got the infamous t-shirt!

BJMANIS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Muncie
    25 yards off a Caldwell rest (not the best, but eliminates the wobble) It is probably mine. Not enough finger on the trigger.

Thanks for all the feed back

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Are you planning on using it for competitive shooting? Self defense? Plinking?

If you plan on using it for anything other than competitive shooting sports, I really wouldn't worry about 2.5 inches at 25 yards.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    generally, bad trigger control and/or grip leads to shooting low and left....make sure grip high and squeeze tight..you can play with different positioning....another trick is to balance a quarter on top of rear sight while you dry fire if it falls you are jerking it..but this probably wouldnt be possible with 92 sights

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My first handgun purchase was a 92F back in 1990 or so. It to seemed to pull left and slightly down. All these years later, it doesn't. It was all me. The 92F is a big pistol and requires (in my case) both hands wrapped around the grip for good groups.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Maybe if using a mirror to shoot behind you... :D Even then, I'm not sure that would be true. A easy way to remember which way to drift the rear site is you want the site to go same direction as your bullet... In the OP's case, he's shooting left so he would drift his site right... the same direction he wants the bullet to go.
    :laugh:
    Doh, I completely misread that. And typed a completely incorrect response. Pay no attention to what I typed earlier. I had the mental image of pushing the sight over from the left (meaning pushing to the right) and typed something all wrong. Wow, I fubar'ed that.

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Please don't call Beretta complaining that your 92 shoots 2.5 inches off at 25 yards.

A pistol is not really designed for those distances, and in fact if the worst happened and you did have to use your pistol at 25 yards, being off 2.5 inches will not make much difference if you aim "center of mass".

In fact, if you did need a pistol at those distances, you should be using it as a way to get to your rifle.

Just my silly Beretta loving 2 cents. ;)

BJMANIS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Muncie
    Thanks for all the suggestions and feed back. if it were low left I know it would be me, but it is just left. I'll work on the trigger finger.

Erikkson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    South Bend
    I had similar issue with a different firearm; I also own the 92FS M9A1, you could also be anticipating the recoil, I would suggest after shooting an entire mag try dry firing a few times keeping the recoil in mind. When I did this I found out I was moving the firearm.

Top Bottom