• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Been looking at a scott archery mongoose, single caliper all black. Its on closeout for 20.00. Wondering if this is a good one. Been using a Tru-fire hurricane for 4 years now.

Anyone have the scott mongoose?

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    I had a Scott once..... After 3 misfires I returned to the store and bought a tru-fire. Didn't like how the "trigger" set up was everytime I gripped it to pull back it went off mid draw. After the tru-fire no miss fires and shoots fantasic

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    Had a Scott Lil Goose for several years when I first went to a release. Never had any problems with it really, but didn't feel like my release was as smooth as it should be. I moved to a Tru-Fire, though can't remember the model, and sold the Scott years ago.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Shouldn't this be in the "lets have an archery forum" section? :dunno:
    I have a Scott Lil Goose that I have used for 10 years or better, I love it. One time it malfunctioned when I was pulled back on a big 140" class buck, it was my fault, hunted in the rain for a couple days prior and didn't dry it off or lube it. It froze up on me. Easy fix, took it apart, cleaned it, lubed it and it has worked fine every since. I also have two other Scott releases. :yesway:
    I like them.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Shouldn't this be in the "lets have an archery forum" section? :dunno:
    I have a Scott Lil Goose that I have used for 10 years or better, I love it. One time it malfunctioned when I was pulled back on a big 140" class buck, it was my fault, hunted in the rain for a couple days prior and didn't dry it off or lube it. It froze up on me. Easy fix, took it apart, cleaned it, lubed it and it has worked fine every since. I also have two other Scott releases. :yesway:
    I like them.

Yeah it should be but I wanted to get more than 1 response before another topic started.

TSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Seymour
    For $20 I would get it and try out. If you don't like I think you could get you money back by selling it to someone. I have a Scott Shark and like it, but only have been shooting it for a year.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have one and love it. I draw with my finger behind the trigger to ensure I dont set it off early. Enough resistance I can lay my finger on the trigger and it wont go off on its own, but super sensitive that it will go off the instant I want it to.

Top Bottom