• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I shot a Glock... Yes i know. But I was looking at the price of lead bullets compared to plated. And i was wondering how many rounds it would take to start saving money after buying a new barrel.

Say i save 30 bucks per K of lead compared to plated rounds.
    A Lone Wolf barrel is about 120 bucks or so.

So would i really have to shoot 4k rounds to start saving or am I missing something?

I was just curious about this or is there other reasons people switch out barrels

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I shot a Glock... Yes i know. But I was looking at the price of lead bullets compared to plated. And i was wondering how many rounds it would take to start saving money after buying a new barrel.

Say i save 30 bucks per K of lead compared to plated rounds.
    A Lone Wolf barrel is about 120 bucks or so.

So would i really have to shoot 4k rounds to start saving or am I missing something?

I was just curious about this or is there other reasons people switch out barrels

I know of people who do switch out to aftermarket barrels for shooting cast bullets. Another main reason is for a threaded barrel.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Remember you are comparing cost by buying. Many save MUCH more than what you stated by casting their own. Also, I suppose some also feel they get better accuracy with the cast.

A good portion of the Glock people you hear buying aftermarket barrels are also doing it to shoot other calibers...

Lastly, depending on the caliber and when the Glock was made, many go to a aftermarket barrel for better chamber support.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Mines a Gen3 19 bought in 09. It has a fully supported chamber.

I was just curious and now it makes sense about people casting their own. I guess that would save a lot of money. I may look into it in a few years but i dont have the space at the moment

Top Bottom