• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Get that carrier and bolt out of there and see how a loose round drops in the chamber from the batch of ammo you were having trouble with. Compare that with other loads and see if that's where your problem may lie. Lot's of things can cause you issues on the backside of the chamber but at least you can rule that out.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Looks like it is coming down to just the gun wanting lots of oil! Put on the Carhartts and went to the range this afternoon. First 10 rounds fed with no issues, then it went back to not feeding. Husband found it hard to understand, since his AR didn't seem to care about oil. I insisted we try more oil, because of what we discussed here on the forum. When we gave it lots of oil, it ran fine. We did try switching the uppers, and still had the problem, until we added the oil.
    So what is a good oil for this gun?
    Thanks!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    For future reference, there are two seep holes on the carrier. You can oil the bolt using said holes. Some will do so everytime before they shoot. Make sure you use a good lubricant, and you should be good to go. Don't go crazy with lubricant though. I have been sprayed with excesive lubricant when firing mine, and it was not enjoyable, lessons learned.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Handloads vs military rounds. I have to run my AR wet with Nato rounds but when I run my handloads then it can run with just a minimal amount of CLP lubricant.

I haven't really tested any further as to the reason why. I'm guessing the case sizing with my handloads or the OAL being precise on every round off the lands.

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    Lube up your bolt, now is your front sight an A2 style or did you buy one with a low profile gas block? If it isn't charging back all the way, you might have an issue with your gas tube alignment. Grab a buddy who has an ar that works and ask to use his bolt and one of his magazines. If changing the bolt doesn't fix the problem then it's not the bolt.

Top Bottom