• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Ok, this is my first time shooting one of these rifles. I was not able to see the target clearly as I was shooting so I am definitely going to add a scope. At 50 yards the target I was shooting would not even move so I had not idea if I was hitting the target or not until the cease fire when I could walk downrange and see the target. I am satisfied with what I was able to do with open sights at 50 yards.

I definitely am going to add a scope to this rifle. I shot 120 rounds through this brand new unfired rifle with no failures at all (that were due to the rifle) I did have 1 failure to fire due to a dud round from American Eagle. I was shooting American Eagle .223 55 grain FMJ.

I was surprised how much recoil this gun had. I had a mini-14 which recoiled like a 22LR. This rifle had enough recoil to take you off target on each round. The rifle fired consistently and ejected spent rounds as consistently.

I am definitely glad I got this instead of a mini 14 (though I would love to have one of these as well)

The Magpul Pmags functioned flawlessly and I want about 10 more. I think these are going to hold up better and stay in shape better than the aluminum magazine included with the rifle.

I plan to put on a bipod. I have a couple of items that I am going to run by every one a little later for opinions. I am really like the Magpul Line and cant wait to add some more items.

Pros:

This gun is a blast to shoot. The mags are great and worked perfectly. They are light and cheap for $15 at Elmore's. Also, the Bushmaster with 14.5" Barrell with M203 attachment notch. This gun also has a permanently attached flash suppressor that I assume is added to make it legal. This was a great investment for $670 from Bud's Gun Shop. I would also like to thank Beech Grove Firearms for allowing me to utilize their $15 transfer fees.

Cons:
    I felt a little uncomfortable bending over to get a good cheek weld on the rifle. I definitely need a red dot scope with some kind of magnification to see the target more clearly. A bipod would be a nice addition as well.

DSCI0082.jpg

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I also would like to add that the gun finish was easily scarred by the casing ejecting. I figure this is normal.

Here is a bad picture of the little notch that was scarred so easily. Maybe someone can tell me what it is called.

0417112111.jpg

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I planned on getting this thing zeroed in but I cannot even tell what is happening at 50 yards. I also need something to really stabilize the gun while I am shooting so I determined that this would be a fruitless endeavor on this trip. More to come but overall, I came away with confidence in my ability to shoot a small target at 50 yards but the knowledge that a better sighting system must be purchased to tap into the full capabilities of the gun. I would recommend that if you see this rifle for $670 that you not purchase it but purchase 3 of them ;)

Top Bottom