• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BryGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Greetings All -

Please bear with me as I am just entering into the world of gun ownership. I have read a LOT of the helpful posts and FAQs on the forum and have a question.

Where would you recommend I go to begin practicing with my new pistol that will eventually lead to competition shooting? I have no friends who own a farm and I am located in the Noblesville area. I am not adverse to paying to use the facilities.

Thanks for your input.

BryGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Thanks Scutter01. We have actually spoke with Randy over there and will begin the 2 month initiation process. I would like to be able to begin practicing before they can approve / deny our membership.

Same goes with Atlanta CC. Part of their requirement is to participate in at least (2) competition shoots... but again, would like to get more experience before being put on stage.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks Scutter01. We have actually spoke with Randy over there and will begin the 2 month initiation process. I would like to be able to begin practicing before they can approve / deny our membership.

Same goes with Atlanta CC. Part of their requirement is to participate in at least (2) competition shoots... but again, would like to get more experience before being put on stage.

The HCFG process can be shortened considerably if you attend one of their many events, work details, or monthly meetings. You only need a total of three events. The next meeting is in three days. Let me know if you need a range partner and I'll be happy to take you shooting there some time.

BryGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Yes, my son and I do plan on attending the monthly meeting to get the ball rolling.

Tnx for the advice.

BC9

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Fishers
    Check out Elwood Conservation Club - http://www.elwoodconservationclub.org/
    Pay your dues & go shooting - no hoops to jump through. Their monthly meeting is this coming Thursday, (Oct 6th) - get there early if you go. Bring a check and your gun(s). I don't think you have to be a member at Atlanta to shoot at their competitions.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I used to go to Roby's all the time. It's a great indoor range. The only issue I have with Kokomo and Elwood is that they're both a 20 mile drive from Noblesville. It's extremely tough to do that during the week. With Atlanta and HCFG, I can shoot for a half hour after work and be home in time for dinner.

BryGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Thanks for the invites, all. As soon as I can purchase my pistol (fingers crossed for today or tomorrow) I will plot a course of action.

Top Bottom