• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sm26

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    I'm new here and I just bought a s&w model 64-5 ny1 .38sp never fired new in orig box so I want to know what it is worth like this or if I should use the gun

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Welcome aboard SM26, Greetings from SE Indiana.

I usually go to gunbroker.com and see what a similar firearm is going for.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    They're great to shoot IMO. Not an extremely "valuable" gun, meaning it's not gonna be a collectors item or anything. The gun's value will come from shooting, carrying and enjoying it.

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Check online for similar listings to get an idea. Regardless of what you find, things tend to price in the line of "what someone will pay for it" rather than "what it's worth" so you see classifieds with $2,000 O/Us or collectible pistols going for less than what they are worth simply because there are no buyers out there.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I first base all of my pricing off of usually the best of wholesale pricing (www.budsgunshop.com), then I try classifieds / auctions (www.gunbroker.com)([URL="http://www.gunsamerica.com"]www.gunsamerica.com[/URL]).

I actually just made a post today about resell values and how they seem whack now days.

If I were you, I would only see it (and any other gun you buy) as a gun to shoot. It doesn't seem a good time in the firearms industry to be a personal buyer and reseller unless you are a damn good bargain hunter & trader.

Sm26

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Thanks for all the input everyone I can tell already this I going to b a great group to be a part of

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    You may find this interesting. This seems to be a limited production revolver that was special issued for NYPD. I am not a person that buys guns for collection or investment purposes. If I buy it, it gets used.

The total number of known Model 64's of all flavors is 5,479 pieces. A statistical breakdown is as follows:
    Model 64-4 NY-1 2 inch Round Butt - 453
    Model 64-5 NY-1 3 inch Round Butt - 612
    Model 64-5 NY-1 4 inch Round Butt - 932
    Model 64-5 NY-1 4 inch Square Butt - 2,169
    Additionally, there were 1,313 guns in the records with no notation as the barrel length and grip configuration.

Top Bottom