• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Over the weekend at the Indiana state steel challenge match Freedom Ordnance introduced their new “fx9-C”.

It’s a 9mm ar platform made out of the factory for competition shooting (USPSA/SCSA/IDPA and other speed based shooting)

Here’s a quick rundown of the specs (at least what I remember!)

Bravo b5 stock and grip
    Free floating mloc hand guard
    Full length picitany rail (with a machined grove to lighten weight)
    An enhanced polished trigger group
    A techwell magazine well/funnel
    An oversized ambidextrous charging handle!

AND a 4 inch barrel with a pinned and welded sleeve to make it 16 inches (so no sbr paperwork!) lighten weight, and it’s ported at the end for shot timer pickup!

Now, what do you think msrp would be on something like this???
    16?…17?…18 hundred dollars???

You’d be wrong, a lot wrong!!! They’re aiming at 1200 bucks!!! They’re a few weeks away from releasing it, and you’ll order it from their website and it’ll ship it to your dealer!

I got to fondle it along with quite a few and they all asked…” when and where can I get one?”

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Sadly I didn’t take any pictures, but I can tell you, unless you know what your looking for, you’d think it’s just a regular fx9!

I was just happy to see this gun in the flesh!
    Long story so I’ll shorten it down for everyone.

A friend started working there and climbed up in position rather quickly, but as soon as he started there I told him my ideas for this gun, in fact I told him every time I saw him, I even suggested calling it the “ROKR” (pronounced rocker) which stood for “R****ll O*****e Kompetition Ready” (my name!)

So when our club was asked to host the state steel challenge match they needed a main sponsor, so I called my friend at freedom and told him about it, and they jumped on the sponsorship. I’d also talked to the company president about my ideas (he’s on our gun club board), so imagine my surprise when the company president talked to me at a club meeting and said “oh btw, we’re working on a match ready rifle”

Saturday at the match, they had 4 employees shooting the “rokr” (they shared it!) and after the match they had people “tasting the merchandise” at an empty bay! And it got shot hard! (They only brought 1 to the match!)

Lee9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2023
    Columbus
    Sadly I didn’t take any pictures, but I can tell you, unless you know what your looking for, you’d think it’s just a regular fx9!

I was just happy to see this gun in the flesh!
    Long story so I’ll shorten it down for everyone.

A friend started working there and climbed up in position rather quickly, but as soon as he started there I told him my ideas for this gun, in fact I told him every time I saw him, I even suggested calling it the “ROKR” (pronounced rocker) which stood for “R****ll O*****e Kompetition Ready” (my name!)

So when our club was asked to host the state steel challenge match they needed a main sponsor, so I called my friend at freedom and told him about it, and they jumped on the sponsorship. I’d also talked to the company president about my ideas (he’s on our gun club board), so imagine my surprise when the company president talked to me at a club meeting and said “oh btw, we’re working on a match ready rifle”

Saturday at the match, they had 4 employees shooting the “rokr” (they shared it!) and after the match they had people “tasting the merchandise” at an empty bay! And it got shot hard! (They only brought 1 to the match!)
    Been looking for a good comp PCC gun and found this thread. Just got on their website and it seems to be they are only selling parts at the moment. Has the comp ready version been pushed out yet?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Been looking for a good comp PCC gun and found this thread. Just got on their website and it seems to be they are only selling parts at the moment. Has the comp ready version been pushed out yet?
    Not yet, but it should be very very soon! We actually gave away 2 fx9’s at the match (one for staff, and one to a competitor, freedom donated them, and we’re paying to upgrade them to the fx9-c) I talked to my friend who works at freedom and he thinks the initial run of 50 should be ready soon!

Be patient! This will be worth the wait!

Top Bottom