• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    here is a new protoype i am working on. so far, i am loving it. it is 154cm (not my usually cpm154) and started a shade ove 1/8" thick. i did a deep acid etch and stonewashed the blade. after that, i almost HATED to put scales on it, as the knife looked and felt fantastic. the next one, i may leave "naked".

i slapped some orange g10 scales on it, though, because it is one of my FAVORITE g10 colors, and it makes it pretty impossible to lose on the ground.

it is not 100% complete, yet. the handle is only rough ground to shape. to about 100 grit. so it is rough in looks and feel. i will probly only take it to a 180 or 220 finish on the handle, to leave a grip that isn't to slick for woods work.

so, here it is! now i just need to name it......

the initial stonewash
    swhunt.jpg

handles rough fitted
    swhunt2.jpg

after glue and a quick couple of passes on the grinder. those are my professional grade knife maker pants, too.
    swhunt3.jpg

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    I like the knife and the Orange G10!!! Definitely will be easier to find in the woods after cleaning a deer etc!

How much would you charge to make another?

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    I haven't spent much time in this section of the forum but I have recently began showing an interest in blades of all for and fashion. That being said, I love it aside from the orange handle. In reality, it isn't that the orange is ugly. I just couldn't carry it/ Orange doesn't match my eyes........:D

If you have another laying around being treated like a red headed step child, I would gladly take her off your hands like many of the others posting here.....

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    i have two more to finish.... i think one will wear OD green and probly coyote or brown on the other.... i think black would make the whole thing too dark. same with carbon fiber... unless i dropped a liner in there.... then the red or blue of the liner would really POP!

Top Bottom