• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Just got my IDPA S.O. retest email. It says that in order to re-up I would need to agree to the code of conduct, which includes:

I will always be a champion for IDPA and promote IDPA in the best light possible.

To me, this is just wrong, I'm fond of my right to free speech and take issue with imposed constraints. Is that just me being persnickety?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It is ALWAYS a case of you being persnickety :D It says in the 'best light possible' What if you are telling the truth and the best light you can possibly shine on something is a harsh one? Or does it mean you will try to promote IDPA positively to new people or to the media? I don't know that it means you cannot speak out against a ruling or a rule itself that you don't agree with. If that were the case I'd say you would have every right to call them on it but I think it just calls for the SO and RO to be a champion of it to those outside of it.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Of course IDPA pays you the big money for your services so they can demand what they want?!? If you didn't like the sport, you would not be supporting it with your time. Their demand is almost offensive. If you like the game, just play along and do not take their nonsense too seriously.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    :)
    It is ALWAYS a case of you being persnickety :D It says in the 'best light possible' What if you are telling the truth and the best light you can possibly shine on something is a harsh one?

I'll give up that the smart money bets on me being persnickety, ain't willing to admit to always though:)

If you like the game, just play along and do not take their nonsense too seriously.

Think you folks are right about not looking at what is written as if it were scripture. Thanks!!

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I think what the actual intent is to be "ethical" regarding IDPA as a sport and competition. It would be interesting to hear them explain exactly what they mean by the statement and how any "consequences" would be administered.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I heard an SO at a recent match shout "It's IDPA, the rules don't have to make sense!"

I thought to myself that if only the new rulebook was law he would have got ductape over his mouth:):

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    Its a fun game, as with all games there are rules. Some rules are ok some are strange.
    I do not agree with all of the IDPA rules but I like the game. I just go with the flow and have fun.
    I am an RO with IDPA and must take a test to continue being an RO. I dont like taking test, but, I do it for the joy of the game and to get an opportunity to shoot with great people. Sometimes you just grin and keep having fun no matter what the rules are.

Top Bottom