• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    New Indiana bill makes the manufacture, importation into Indiana, sale, purchase, possession, or transfer of an automatic weapon or a convertible semiautomatic weapon a Class C felony. Makes the manufacture, importation into Indiana, sale, purchase, or transfer of a machine gun a Class C felony

This is crazy....:n00b:

Introduced Version, House Bill 1571

searched and came up empty, hope this isn't a dupe.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I see that there is nothing in the Bill about lawful FFL holders that can purchase and/or sell within certain Federal limitations. Are they now to be barred?

I also see that there are elements of Project Exile included that appear to be aimed largely at drug traffickers and/or gang members. But they are not hard and fast as they would be if strictly patterned after Project Exile. This is the only part of the bill that I can agree with.

Looks like it's time for another round of letter writing.

I also didn't see who wrote and sponsored the bill. The only name I saw was Smith V. Anyone familiar with who that might be?

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    That would be Vernon Smith. Some members in the thread from a few weeks ago said it had been withdrawn (unconfirmed) or that it wasn't going anywhere. Either way, it looks like that same jackwagon that made a complete ass of himself in front of the Indiana House a few years ago by pulling out a toy revolver (or cap gun) in an effort to ridicule gun owners during his remarks in opposition to one of the bills slightly lessening IC infringements on the RKBA.

Can't locate the video right now. Any one got it handy?

Top Bottom