• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    Haven't had a semi auto for some time and just got a new Kahr P380. Went out to some woods with my son for my first session with it. Yep, you guessed it--on the first shot I held my left thumb where I do on my revolver and as one could expect ---the slide came back and took a chunk out of the thumb.

After about 50 rounds, the slide stop came loose and my son put it back in> Guess it wasn't in tight as it fell out and we lost it in the grass. Question--from the first shot, the slide stop/release did not stay back when the last round was fired. Could this be just because it is not broken in yet? Or, could it have to do with the loose slide stop?

Otherwise, love the little pistol. Every round that chambered, fired and no stove pipes.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Congrats on your new Kahr. They make a good little pistol.

If your slide fails to lock back after the last round is fired your slide stop spring may not be in the correct position.(They are easy to bend during reassembly if you aren't careful.) Check out the video from Kahr. @ 4:35 the video tells/shows what you need to know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmFHUxDwBdM

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If the slide stop fell out, it is possible that Kahr forgot to install the retaining spring. If it is like my PM9, there is a small spring that locks the slide stop/release in the pistol. With the stop out of position, that would explain why the slide wouldn't lock back.

Call Kahr and tell them what happened. They normally have a great customer service group. Very rare does anyone report a problem with dealings with Kahr service.

grand champ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    Wishboughtglockitis ...jk...kahrs are nice....i I just believe brand new guns should function 200%

Flames a coming

oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    Thanks folks. Very helpfull. After reading comments it makes me wonder if racking the slide in the normal way (versus the recommended Kahr way of always releasing the slide with the slide stop) could have loosened the slide stop?

alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I highly doubt that. I have a CM9 with over 1k rounds through it. At first, I had to drop the slide release to get it to feed that first round successfully. Around 500 rounds in I think you will find it loosens up and you will be able to rack the slide normally and have it go into battery just fine. Kahrs are made with very tight tolerances which may cause this method of feeding the first round to be needed at first. However,if that spring isn't aligned properly or is missing all together then it may be causing that malfunction. Or maybe that gun was manufactured outside of those tight specs.

Top Bottom