• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2500ekW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    I keep hearing that the "new" mini-14 barrels are much better than the "old" ones.

Is everyone referring to only the new tactical model? Or, do new Ranch Rifle models have the better barrel as well? I'm thinking of picking up an all-weather ranch rifle.

Takashi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Indy Northside
    I believe, according to Nutnfancy on youtube, that all models have encountered a refresh. He is reviewing the homestead defender to be specific.

What are you getting a mini-14 for? I love the look and the design of them but have a hard time justifying them.

2500ekW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    I have no .223 in my arsenal and think it sounds like a good choice for "homestead defender" (sorry to use a nutnfancy term). I'm not into the black rifle fad.

What do you mean justifying them?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I have no .223 in my arsenal and think it sounds like a good choice for "homestead defender" (sorry to use a nutnfancy term). I'm not into the black rifle fad.

Don't worry what anyone else says about a particular firearm.
    If it's what you want.
    Get it!!
    I have AR's, Mini's, and AK's. Each has it's own niche and purpose in my collection.
    As for the Minis.
    I have a 186 Series with the older, thinner, longer barrel.
    I also have a new Tactical with the shorter heavier barrel.
    The new heavy barreled Mini shoots rings around the older model. The reason is the new hammer forged barrel. It is much stiffer and heavier and as a result doesn't have the vertical stringing issue that the older thinner barrels had.
    I consistently group 1.5" at 100 yds using Federal 55 gr XM193 ammo with the Tactical Mini.
    That's "minute of groundhog" in anyones book. ;)

Takashi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Indy Northside

Just was referring to what you would use it for. But now I realize it is a great alternative to a black rifle.

Top Bottom