><(((((*>
    takemymoney.jpg

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    What? Did the truck owner get charged or ? Never mind, I found the story and the NOPD said it could be considered illegal but it didn't say they charged the truck owner, but of course they don't want everyone booby trapping their cars with Flash Bangs, although I don't see why not.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    As long as it just keeps scaring people and doesn't do them any serious harm, he'll probably be OK.

The NOPD sounds like their reaction is: "I guess it may be illegal in some way...but whatever."

I agree. I guess it may be illegal in some way, but absent a real injury, nothing comes to mind.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So, I had to look it up. I am not suggesting anyone do this, but I have not found anything under Indiana law that makes doing something like this, intended only to scare someone off, not injury or kill, a crime.

"A person who knowingly or intentionally deploys a booby trap commits a Level 6 felony."

Ind. Code § 35-47.5-5-10

"'Booby trap' means a device meant to cause death or bodily injury by:
    (1) hiding the device; or
    (2) activating the device by trip wires, switches, antidisturbance, or other remote means."

Ind. Code § 35-47.5-2-2

Granted, if it ends up causing injury or death, you can count on law enforcement and prosecutors putting you in a position where your subjective intent, what the device was "meant" for, is a pretty important issue.

...and of course, lawsuits.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Maybe using a 12ga tear gas round might make it a bit more palatable.OR , put your pet PIT BULL in the back seat lying down , I would LOVE to see the outcome.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    So, I had to look it up. I am not suggesting anyone do this, but I have not found anything under Indiana law that makes doing something like this, intended only to scare someone off, not injury or kill, a crime.

"A person who knowingly or intentionally deploys a booby trap commits a Level 6 felony."

Ind. Code § 35-47.5-5-10

"'Booby trap' means a device meant to cause death or bodily injury by:
    (1) hiding the device; or
    (2) activating the device by trip wires, switches, antidisturbance, or other remote means."

Ind. Code § 35-47.5-2-2

Granted, if it ends up causing injury or death, you can count on law enforcement and prosecutors putting you in a position where your subjective intent, what the device was "meant" for, is a pretty important issue.

...and of course, lawsuits.

Thank God we have laws that will protect the pos thief.

Top Bottom