Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Quincy had a population of over 10,000 people at one time but the flu epidemic of 1918 fixed that.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm originally from Owen County (don't judge me! ;) ).

Anyways, maybe I'm reading the site wrong, but it appears to say that shooting at the range is by appointment only? Does this mean one would actually have to schedule a time to shoot instead of just being able to show up?

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm originally from Owen County (don't judge me! ;) ).

Anyways, maybe I'm reading the site wrong, but it appears to say that shooting at the range is by appointment only? Does this mean one would actually have to schedule a time to shoot instead of just being able to show up?

From what I gather, just based off of the information I was given for the site, it seems that way. I believe he is trying to avoid long waiting times.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    From what I gather, just based off of the information I was given for the site, it seems that way. I believe he is trying to avoid long waiting times.

That's kind of a bummer. I don't venture to that area much anymore, but my brother would be interested in a new range I'm sure. He is like me though when it comes to just doing things on a whim instead of making plans.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Until I turned 10, we lived in the largest house in Quincy, but bought ground a few miles east of there. I still live only a few minutes from that sprawling metropolis:D. I am sure that it's post office will be one cut in the next cost cutting round of the USPS.

FWIW, my father in-law did the utility locates on the site, a said it was a pretty good layout.

I just noticed jmildoc, we must be neighbors!

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    John's Range

Great place!!! I've been to a couple of NRA classes at John's place and the range is first class. 8 lanes from 7 to 25 yards and lots of space in between. John is happy to help coach you while you are there and he knows what he is talking about. I'm thinking of buying a membership there.

Top Bottom