• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Hey everyone. I posted a thread here a week or so ago asking for tips on changing an intake manifold gasket and valve cover gaskets. Well after looking further into it I realized I belive it may be the head gasket (again). I decided I wasdone putting money into this jusnk car, Ive already replaced a head gasket AND the motor after it was realized the head gasket want detected soon enough.

So I did a lot of research and have been wanting a Mazdaspeed3 for quite sometime. I had come to rerms with te fact that they were just too expensive for my taste and id have to buy something else. I even put a thread upasking about opinions from anyone with experience on mazdaspeed3's.

Well as fate would have it Im running through the car ads on craigslist for the ohio area since I was willing to drive, and there she was!

Guy was a student from Germany who was going back to Germany at the end of the semester and didnt want to have to wit to sell it...well he sure didnt hav to wait. Bought it about 8 hrs after he posted it, nd let me tell you I am loving everything about this car.

2008 Mazdaspeed3
    Leather and cloth seats
    bose audio
    telescopic steering wheel
    HID projector headlights with a 4-way switch on the dash to adjust the aim
    6-speed manual
    and the soul of the car,2.3 liter direct-injected turbo-charged motor with 263 horsepower and 280 ft-lbs of torque. This thing is nimble and QUICK.

I have never had a car I have felt so proud to own, and the interior feels like its our of a car classes ahead of a Mazda. I was expecting something that felt loose and sloppy. boy was I wrong. This thing is an absolute blast to drive and planted to the road.

Blue book value of $20,800

only 26,000 miles on it. still smells new.

Only paid $14,000.

Paying for premium fuel kind of sucks, but in all reality, its only what?...$3 more per fill up?
    well worth it considering this thing will haul @$$ and my daughter (not t thesame time of course)

And now, PICTURES:
    car3.jpg

car2.jpg

car.jpg

car4.jpg

car5.jpg

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I don't know if you are into modifications and getting more power. But I have read that if you add a front mount intercooler you can easily get over 300hp with that one mod. Nice ride!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Cute little wagon! :D

Those are actually really nice cars, and a blast to drive. I've heard rumors they get decent mileage, but no one can keep their foot out of it for a full tank!

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    My Sister in Law has about 300k miles on her 2006 or 2007 I forget Mazda 3 4door and she still loves it.

I think you've got a vehicle that will prove to be reliable for just about as long as you wish, provided it is well maintained.

Congrats on getting a great deal on it too!

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We just purchased our 3rd Mazda last month, they are great vehicles. Sporty and fun to drive, even in base trim levels. Enjoy!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Nice!!!!

Question on how the transaction took place: I'm rather ignorant of how face-to-face vehicle transactions between strangers happen.

I presume that he had the title in hand? How can you determine if it was a legit title and not a forgery?

Did you have to secure your own financing? Personal check? Money order? Bank check? Cash?

We're kind of vehicle shopping, too, but the thought of buying face-to-face kind of scares me.

-J-

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Very nice buy! That's a pretty good deal on a real nice car. The MS3 and MS6 are two of the only newer cars I'm interested in if I could find a good deal. You got lucky! Congrats and enjoy it!

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    IF (big if) you can keep your foot from constantly mashing the fun pedal, that thing should get 35 plus MPG'S on the highway. we've had a regular mazda 3 here at the shop for a few months now and we take that thing everywhere. seen 41 mpg with it running to ludington and that's at 75-80mph
    congrats on the new ride!!

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Nice!!!!

Question on how the transaction took place: I'm rather ignorant of how face-to-face vehicle transactions between strangers happen.

I presume that he had the title in hand? How can you determine if it was a legit title and not a forgery?

Did you have to secure your own financing? Personal check? Money order? Bank check? Cash?

We're kind of vehicle shopping, too, but the thought of buying face-to-face kind of scares me.

-J-

I just found the car on craigslist and emailed the guy. He was at miami university in Ohio. Car was paid off and title was in hand. Went to the credit union and applied for financing. typically you would have to meet up and see the car and have them sign a sales agreement that you take back to the credit union and they give you a check.

Since the car was so far away I didn't want to go lokk at it and have to drive back and then go back to buy the car. So they let me fax him the sales agreement and had him sign and fax it back.

Withing a half hour of receiving the sales agreement back I was on my way to ohio with check in hand. The credit union told me as far as since I hadn't seen the car, if I ended up not wanting it just bring the check back and they would void it and I would have no obligation to pay anything.

It was really a smooth and painless transaction, easier than I thought it would be.

As far as being nervous about what you're buying, you just need to know what your looking at and what things to look for, there are also car-fax reports that will let you know if its been in accidents or had any major repairs.

In my opinion, 98% of private sellers are more honest then most car dealers.

Top Bottom