• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Picked up a Remington 870 tactical I had a local shop order in for me.Been looking all over for one,but hadn't had any luck finding one locally.Picked it up for $457 which wasn't to bad since Bud's ships them for $447 when ever you can catch one in stock.
    Came with the XS rail and ghost ring sights,2 shell extension tube for a 6+1 capacity,along with there ported "Tactical Rem Choke" :rolleyes: .Doubt I will be breaching doors any time soon,but I've heard it patterns ok with turkey loads,so I will find that out tomorrow.Picked up a 12 pack of turkey targets to test it with.
    Managed to put 14 rounds down range tonight after I cooked dinner and so far I am very impressed with it.Handles greats,but have the Knoxx NRS stock coming in the mail tomorrow,so that should help out a lot especially with the lady friend being able to adjust to her reach.Find out if she likes it or not after I slip in a few magnum turkey loads on her :D
    The finish isn't great,but I use all of my weapons,so no safe queens for me.Once the wallet recovers a lil from my recent purchases I will probably have it duracoated.
    Will try and put it thru it's paces tomorrow for a range report. :ingo:
    199583_210888718923362_100000067061799_849222_3142752_n.jpg

motoman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Idaho
    i picked one up recently but it didnt come with the rear rail. everything else was the same. i put the knox recoil stock on it and i like it much better than the one from remington.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I just got one too, but mine came with a bead sight, and speed feed IV pistol grip stock.

I'm thinking about getting a XS big dot night sight for it. I also need to get some rem chokes so I can do away with the tacticool breacher.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Took it out and started to pattern for turkey season with it and within the first few rounds the front sight came out of the dove tail :xmad::xmad::xmad: It's so loose you can just push it in or out with your pinky.Not to happy about this when the gun is a day old.Sure I could shim it or dimple it,but ain't gonna happen.Already sent Remington an email about the issue.There closed til Monday.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    What's a shotty?

It's what my dear ol mother yells when she see a starling or sparrow on her blue bird boxes.It's normally used in a phrase such as "Them dam birds,grab the shotty,get yer gun.They'll be in the box peckin them birds to death I tell ya!"

Top Bottom