• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Seems like the cost of manufacturing would be significantly higher than a standard can.

It may seem that way because it appears to be all machined parts. The cost of machined parts is getting remarkably cheap with better & better CNC technology and better tooling technology. The only thing "hard" about the parts he has would be that different materials will machine more easily than others. Typically high nickel materials (like those often used for suppressor baffles due to heat resistance) are hard to machine.

I really like the idea. In my early years of suppressor "play", before I made my very first Form 1 can, I actually pondered "Why wouldn't that work?". The "that" in my thoughts was something very similar to this. Bummer I never went further than pondering it to see if it actually would.

If you think about how a suppressor works, it's simply cooling & slowing of the gasses to provide a smaller volume of gas that is then released over a longer period of time to reduce the sound pressure level. Forcing those gasses through "resistance channels" that also act like the fins of a heat-sink would most certainly do a good job. I'm glad to see that a vet has took this idea and put in the work to bring it to fruition and I hope it pans out great for him!

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    They debuted at Shot Show in 2014. I searched and could not find Indiana dealer. Difficult to nail down prices or availability. The technology sounds great and the demo videos are amazing.

Edit: Found one posting for 5.56 at $1495!

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    This is really cool! Described as "a jet engine in reverse." I like how it seems to perform with the gun, now I'm just curious to suppression level in terms of db ratings in comparison to what's out now... Very pricey, but when stuff gets ramped up and going possibly it could come down. Regardless I'm interested to see more!

Top Bottom