• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    I just purchased my fist semi-auto handgun... I was always nervous about what I thought it took to break apart and clean!

I purchased a Springfield XDM in .40. It is the stainless model.

The entire field strip, clean and reassemble took only about 5 mins... granted it was clean to start with.

I just opened the manual and played a youtube video and got to work. I really like how easy it is to break down!

Now to go shoot some paper!!!

Any suggestions on accessories or ammo for it?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I just purchased my fist semi-auto handgun... I was always nervous about what I thought it took to break apart and clean!

I purchased a Springfield XDM in .40. It is the stainless model.

The entire field strip, clean and reassemble took only about 5 mins... granted it was clean to start with.

I just opened the manual and played a youtube video and got to work. I really like how easy it is to break down!

Now to go shoot some paper!!!

Any suggestions on accessories or ammo for it?

remember some semi-autos take 200 rounds brake-in period if it jams:twocents:

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    Thanks... I got a couple hundred rounds to shoot. It was a used gun but looks almost brand new.

It is the one with the 2009 gun of the year stamp on it... kinda excessive imo but oh well as long as it shoots well.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    My Xd9 has been a tank from the beginning. eats anything w/o hiccup or complaint. I think you made a good choice. :yesway:

The shoot it b4 you trust it with your life attitude is still very valid. YMMV:draw:

Most guns don't need a break-in period, BUT LES BAER recommends a 500 round break-in for his guns, Since this is his first semi-auto, I didn't want him to disappointed if he gets a jam;)

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    I got Federal premium 165 grain Hydra-Shok JHP for SD and a bunch of Remington 180 grain for the range.

Guess I need to google IWB/OWB holsters... no idea what that is! haha

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    As far as ammo goes, my XD9sc has liked everything I have used in it, but so far I've stuck to the better known brands that don't cost an arm and a leg. (WWB, Federal, PMC, etc.) I've put thousands of holes in "evil" paper without a hiccup. Good luck with it!!

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    Here are a couple of pics!

photo-1.jpg

photo.jpg

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Congrats! Very nice piece! Don't skimp on a good belt for carry and then find a club that holds either IDPA or USPSA matches and shoot the barrel out of that gun!

Raven Concealment holsters, Blade-Tech, Safariland...lots of good holster makers out there. Everyone seems to be in agreement that a Crossbreed Supertuck is in order for concealed carry!

Top Bottom