• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Not even a crap 10 hour day at Pepsi could spoil knowing I was getting a toy this evening! Went with a Taurus 740 slim for something diffrent. Cant wait to take her to Izaak Walton this weekend!

taurus_740_slim_01.jpg

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    You lucky dog.

I knew you were going to get one. I can't wait to hear the range report. That one is on my short list. I love the 709 and the 740 would round out the slim collection.

mdst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    your going to like it been carrying mine ` 6 months , prolly 500 rds never a problem its very accurate but a bit snappy until you get used to it,40 cal in a small package , packs nicely especially in summer garb

LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Range Report: Love it. Shot a bit low and to the left out of the box but with a slight adjustment of the sights you will be where you want to be. Recoil is “snappy” , but very manageable. I would say it compares to all my other .40cals I have. I shot 250rds to break her in. Mostly WWB and Federal ammo. Out of the 250rds shot today I had no FTF or FTE! The trigger to me was alittle mushy but Im so use to a Glock trigger. All in all I'm happy with my purchase and would suggest this firearm to my friends and family!

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Wish I could have been at IWFW.

Sorry I couldn't be there to watch you blow the dust out of the barrel. Work calls and the OT is good for paying off bills and buying food for my toys. Sounds like a nice addition to the collection. It is still on my short list, maybe moved up a notch or two since I've heard good things now. I like my 709 so a 740 is a logical addition to the Taurus shelf of the safe. Congrats and enjoy.:ingo:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Range Report: Love it. Shot a bit low and to the left out of the box but with a slight adjustment of the sights you will be where you want to be. Recoil is “snappy” , but very manageable. I would say it compares to all my other .40cals I have. I shot 250rds to break her in. Mostly WWB and Federal ammo. Out of the 250rds shot today I had no FTF or FTE! The trigger to me was alittle mushy but Im so use to a Glock trigger. All in all I'm happy with my purchase and would suggest this firearm to my friends and family!
    :+1: Very nice shooter. Put several mags through her myself and was impressed with this handgun! What a great day at the range! :rockwoot:

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    My wife and I purchased a 709s awhile ago and recently sold it. We had the following problems with the gun.

1) The magazine release button became very light (read: the magazine released during firing) after about 300 rounds of firing. This was the last straw for us as the gun would go out of battery after almost every shot.

2) Ours was VERY picky with ammo

3) We experienced jams atleast 1 per two full mags

I honestly could not trust the firearm any more and we sold it.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    My wife and I purchased a 709s awhile ago and recently sold it. We had the following problems with the gun.

1) The magazine release button became very light (read: the magazine released during firing) after about 300 rounds of firing. This was the last straw for us as the gun would go out of battery after almost every shot.

2) Ours was VERY picky with ammo

3) We experienced jams atleast 1 per two full mags

I honestly could not trust the firearm any more and we sold it.

My dad had similar problems with his 709 which he bought from somebody on INGO who said it was working fine. He sent it back to Taurus at their expense, and it has been perfect since then. Here is his thread about it.

Range Report and Request for Help with a malfunctioning Taurus 709 Slim

Top Bottom