• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Hunter68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Greenfield
    Went to the 1500 today and traded away a Stoeger Condor O/U and a little scratch for a used Walther PPK/S .380.
    This is my first pistol with exposed hammer, as I have only owned Glocks up till today. (still have them, just wanted something in a smalled size)
    Any advice? Will be carried from time to time, mainly when I want to go the shorts/tee shirt route.
    Thanks in advance.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I like the PPK and PPK/S guns. Is it an Interarms or S&W made Walther? Did you get the flat bottom and finger rest mags? The finger rest mags are easier to shoot with but with the flat bottom mag the gun fits right in my back pocket. The slide is known to cut the top of some folks hands during recoil but was never a problem for me. The recoil is a little snappy for a 380 but not bad. Practice, practice, practice! :twocents:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Went to the 1500 today and traded away a Stoeger Condor O/U and a little scratch for a used Walther PPK/S .380.
    This is my first pistol with exposed hammer, as I have only owned Glocks up till today. (still have them, just wanted something in a smalled size)
    Any advice? Will be carried from time to time, mainly when I want to go the shorts/tee shirt route.
    Thanks in advance.

Be thankful you bought the PPK/S, cause the PPK tends to bite the web of your hand:yesway:

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    You'll need to run several hundred rounds through it before putting any trust in it. I had one and ended up trading the thing within 6 months. Never had a gun that consistently had FTE, FTF, and stovepipes with different types of ammo like the PPK. I've read where many of them are good firearms, but I ended up with a lemon. Hopefully you didn't buy my trade-in.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Thanks in advance.

If it's a German or Interarms PPK/S, watch how you grip it. They're notorius for slicing the web between your thumb and trigger finger. If it's a Smith & Wesson version you should be okay.

jabean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Great choice for a small carry gun ,most shoot great ,just buy some quality ammo and try it out. most of them I have owned shoot point of aim and are good at 50 feet

Indy_Hunter68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Greenfield
    Thanks for the feedback. And yes, LOTS of practice will happen before the Walther is put into duty. Quality ammo is a must, imho, when carrying for personal protection!
    For those who asked, it is a Interarms model. Pretty happy so far...

Top Bottom