• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Go ahead and throw up the "keep that crap off my AK" cartoons, but like it or not, this is the future of the AK platform in military service, guys.

i-i10-09-016beryl_03.jpg

Mini-Beryl w/ hinged railed topcover, M-16 mag adapter and QD telescoping stock

i-i10-09-016beryl_05.jpg

Earlier version (standard Mini-Beryl optic rail and sidefolder, different forearm)

i-i10-09-016beryl_04.jpg

Full-size Beryl w/ M-16 mag adapter, adjustable stock, and hinged top cover w/ Troy BUIS

i-i10-09-016beryl_07.jpg

Both guns w/ standard mags

Heck, even the Russians are swinging that way; take a look at Izhmash's AK-200 prototype:
    5-27-2010-8-44-17-AM.jpg

3357331.jpg

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    The polish military has been using 5.56 Beryls with rail bridges over the receiver cover to facilitate the use of sights/optics for some time in the sand box.

I am with you, that the most reliable individual weapon system known to date, has to upgrade the sight radius and the ability to accomodate modern optics to improve accuracy.

I really like the hinged railed receiver cover idea. The krinkov uses a hinged cover, why not improve and expand that idea to all of the ak platforms.

I am not a fan of the hand guard rail systems, especially how some of them use the barrel as a mounting point. I don't mount bipods on barrels either. Just my observation and opinion.

All of my non-AK rifles have pictanny rails on the upper receiver (AR, PTR-32, FAL).

I am watching and waiting to see how the Texas Weapon Systems hinged receiver cover concept pans out.

Kudos to the AK industry for recognizing the need for an upgrade in this area.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom