• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheGlockinator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    I have a Glock 22 and was wondering if it would be a mistake to upgrade to some advanced night sights, seeing how i really like the facotry sights that come on Glocks. I would like some feedback before i spend the money on the sights because I can't think of many, if any, instance where I'd need to use my weapon in the pitch blackness of the night.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I've got a 686 outfitted with nightsites. They've come in handy a couple of times when I've needed to deal with two and four legged critters out the back door. The greatest advantage I've found for them is being able to see your weapon easily on your nightstand- those three glowing eyes are hard to miss in the dark.

They also make good daysights.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    if you keep it for home protection, it is incredibly handy.....say you have an intruder, any light you use whether it be a light switch or a flashlight instantly tells your intruder where you are....then it becomes a question of his intent and how far he is willing to go to get whatever he wants....knowing where an enemy is and him not knowing where you are are huge advantages/disadvantages in any given tactical situation.....furthermore, in the middle of the night without turning any lights on can you sight your weapon without night sights?? unless you're a cat or have night vision I doubt it, I can't no matter how adjusted my eyes become.....just food for thought

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    personally, I prefer the 3-dot system night sights and you can't go wrong with Trijicon.....I'm just not a fan of the 2-dot/vertical-inline sights...whatever you wish to call them....to me the 3-dot seems easier/faster to acquire and accurately placed

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Well they won't ID your target or even locate it in the pitch black but they will give you great sight picture in daytime or at night when the flashlight is putting light int front of not onto or behind the sights. If you carry it watch out for rear sights that are set back to increase sight radius, they'll dig into your side; if the G22 is HD or range then go with any you can find.

Remember 90% of all SD shootings occur in low light, and in the middle of the day you can enter a dark room in a building. Even at indoor ranges they make life a little easier.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Try night sights in the dark..... then see how the sights work for the second shot.... AFTER the muzzle flash from the first shot tap dances on your night vision.

Whatever works for ya

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    if you keep it for home protection, it is incredibly handy.....say you have an intruder, any light you use whether it be a light switch or a flashlight instantly tells your intruder where you are....then it becomes a question of his intent and how far he is willing to go to get whatever he wants....knowing where an enemy is and him not knowing where you are are huge advantages/disadvantages in any given tactical situation.....furthermore, in the middle of the night without turning any lights on can you sight your weapon without night sights?? unless you're a cat or have night vision I doubt it, I can't no matter how adjusted my eyes become.....just food for thought

This.
    They are worth it.

Top Bottom