Nitro model airplane people... Help please.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I came across three boxes of very old model airplane engine parts and props at Goodwill and I bough the whole collection... I know some engines are worth some money and I would like to know if I have anything good here.

Thanks.

Baby Spitfire with box and paper...
    dscn3823az.jpg

Enignes...
    dscn3829.jpg

dscn3835q.jpg

dscn3833i.jpg

Props...
    dscn3822a.jpg

dscn3826r.jpg

There is also a box of weird electromechanical parts... including 3 vacuum tube recievers.
    dscn3838y.jpg

Last edited:

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I can't help much, but I do see at least one Cox TD .049 there. I bought one at a swap meet for $5 and sold it on ebay for $50.

The spitfire is cool, but I don't think they are worth a lot. The Academy of Model Aeronautics Museum in Muncie may be interested in it. It would probably be a donation though.

I believe the two units at the bottom of the second picture are dethermalizers. They are used to change the setting of the elevator (after a fixed time delay) on free-flight models to keep them from flying away in thermals.

If you have any Cox .010 engines in there, you can certainly make a little cash with them.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Most of that stuff isn't going to be worth much to people who want to use it in a plane. It will be worth more to collectors. The spitfire in the box would be one I would think might be worth something. A lot of that stuff is old and very antequated, but like I said, collectors of old model airplane stuff will gobble it up.

I personally would take a couple of good pictures of each piece, try to find some info online from what you can find on the engines / electronics, and then sell them in individual ebay auctions.

The props wont be worth much, and you could probably throw the plastic ones away as their are probably from rubber band powered airplanes. (ie light wood frame, paper covered planes).

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    I would have to agree with what the others have said. You can also ask the guys on rcuniverse.com and you can sell for free there too.

Top Bottom