• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Not that I got one, but would someone care to define and list "serious infractions". I cannot find the same within the FAQ.

What is the rationale for that they will never expire? What is the overriding penalty of having perpetual infraction points?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Not that I got one, but would someone care to define and list "serious infractions". I cannot find the same within the FAQ.

What is the rationale for that they will never expire? What is the overriding penalty of having perpetual infraction points?
    I think that they are not defined for a reason. It allows the MODs leeway in what constitutes a serious infraction and differentiates between something that should be on "permanent record" vs. something that should stay on record for a while and then fade away.

A wooden nickel says that a MOD(s) won't have a definitive list for you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    AFAIK, the "serious infractions never expire" language is a function of Vbulletin, not INGO. I believe all our infractions are currently set up with expiration dates, but I could be wrong. Scutter01 would be the guy to ask.
    Shooter, I was reading his post as, "What the heck is a serious infraction?", as in that he was wanting a definition of actions that are no-no's. I was responding that I don't think you MODs actually have a hard-and-fast list, that you don't define them so that INGOers can skirt the definitions.

Maybe I am wrong?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Shooter, I was reading his post as, "What the heck is a serious infraction?", as in that he was wanting a definition of actions that are no-no's. I was responding that I don't think you MODs actually have a hard-and-fast list, that you don't define them so that INGOers can skirt the definitions.

Maybe I am wrong?

A hard and fast list is the same thing as "zero tolerance", which is not somewhere we think anyone who wants this to stay a good site wants to go.

We certainly do not want to go there.

JBusch, while I won't discuss the contents of that PM beyond what you quoted, the line you partially quoted from that PM is part of the standard text that vBulletin uses when an infraction is issued. When I issue infractions, that part of the message is beyond my control.

I choose the topic of the infraction (ie inappropriate language, classified rule violation, etc.), enter a few words in an "administrative" line (usually about the same as the above "topic" of the infraction), and then a short explanation that the member sees. Normally, I close that with my usual closing, "Blessings," and my name.

Here's an example:

I got a PM back from a member recently about an infraction he earned. I'm going to change the details of it for his privacy, but this is the basic format:

Dear <name>,

You have received an infraction at INGunOwners.

Reason: Inappropriate Language
    -------
    We have a profanity filter for a reason. Please do not attempt to get around it with creative spelling or alternate characters.

Thank you!

Blessings,

Bill
    -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/the_2n...tml#post000000
    Blah blah blah A whole bunch of text here with some cuss word or other, with letters substituted with similar shaped characters.

And there was some more text down here with a little more of the same. Ipsi dixit rectum.
    All the best,
    INGunOwners

End infraction repost

The part in red and the part in blue, I can change. The rest of it is preset and out of my reach.

I realize this doesn't answer your question as to what "serious infractions" are. As Shooter said, the guy to ask would be Scutter01.

Good luck and have a great day!

Blessings,
    Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom