NORAD detects Russian aircraft operating in Alaska Air Defense Identification Zone

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Really?

North American Aerospace Defense Command says the 4 Russian aircraft are 'not seen as a threat'

In Iceland in 1989 the 57th Fighter Interceptor Squadron intercepted Bears, 120 times.

NORAD has reported similar incidents of Russian aircraft entering the Alaska defense zone on July 3, May 15, May 11 and April 17.

The May 11 and April 17 incidents went beyond just the detection of Russian aircraft, and NORAD went a step further in performing what it called a "routine intercept."

The six Russian aircraft, including Tu-95 bombers, IL-78 tankers and Su-35 fighter aircraft, detected and intercepted May 11 had remained in international airspace and did not enter American or Canadian sovereign airspace.

"NORAD aircraft, including F-16 fighters, F-22 fighters, KC-135 Stratotankers, and E-3 AWACS, conducted the mission," NORAD wrote in May.

"Since Russia resumed out of area Long Range Aviation activity in 2007, NORAD has seen a yearly average of approximately six to seven intercepts of Russian military aircraft in the ADIZ. These numbers have varied each year from as high as 15 to as low as zero," they said.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Replace F-16s and F-22s with F-15s and I'm having a serious Cold War flashback. AWACS and KC-135s? Still there after all these years.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It is almost like Russia (and the Chinese) has no respect for Brandon. I thought we were promised that if we got rid of Trump, the rest of the world would once again love and respect us.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    It is almost like Russia (and the Chinese) has no respect for Brandon. I thought we were promised that if we got rid of Trump, the rest of the world would once again love and respect us.
    You mean to tell me “peace through weakness” isn’t a thing?

Top Bottom