• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Sitting here watching the storm come in tonight, and just thinking that this is more lighting then I have seen in a long time. Before the rain it was like a strobe light on overdrive outside..

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Yep. You're gettin' what we had a couple hours ago. It'll be windier than crap, and pour rain for a short time...but the lightning and rumbling will go on for a while after... Batten down your hatches!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I love watching Indiana sheet lightning!

Amazing watching the storm roll in, and watching on radar how heavy it is, and as it gets to the Westfield area just evaporates and we get nothing but that lovely lightning display!

Mother Nature is a wondrous thing, and I don't care what Algore says about how we affect mother nature, because I am sure Mother Nature doesn't care what Algore says!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    We was getting pounded in west central about 30 minutes ago. I am trying to get a rifle glass bedded between power outages. Some MAJOR lightning,heavy ran but short in duration and no significant wind.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I looked at my rain gauge this morning and it had almost 3.5". Not sure if my wife had emptied it recently. The water was pouring in to my sump pit worse than I've ever seen it. Just barely a trickle in it this morning.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I looked at my rain gauge this morning and it had almost 3.5". Not sure if my wife had emptied it recently. The water was pouring in to my sump pit worse than I've ever seen it. Just barely a trickle in it this morning.

It probably wasn't as much as it seemed. Like the difference between 10 gallons of water poured out of a sprinkling can over time and the same 10 gallons dumped all at once out of the bucket. NoDimeSane? :D

Bflo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    I posted some of these pics in the 4th of July weekend pics thread.
    LT5.jpg

Top Bottom