• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Ambu did you get a receipt for your shipping fees and a deleivery confirmation tracking number? If so you will hear back from SOG. You did once :yesway: so I am sure they will take care of you. Patience is needed here I think. Sometimes it takes a few weeks even for us to get something done when we return knives back to our many different manufacturers.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Ambu did you get a receipt for your shipping fees and a deleivery confirmation tracking number? If so you will hear back from SOG. You did once :yesway: so I am sure they will take care of you. Patience is needed here I think. Sometimes it takes a few weeks even for us to get something done when we return knives back to our many different manufacturers.

My new machete arrived yesterday actually
    Supposedly "thicker", but it actually seems even thinner.

They did send me another sheath and a FREE ToolLogic keychain knife sharpener/flashlight. The firestarter would have been cooler but beggars can't be choosers.

+1 to SOG customer service.

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    From people who know, the very best machetes you can get are TRAMONTINA. They are made in South America where they use them as often as we use cell phones. No joking, check it out.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have a Tramontina steak knife that has been around for years, and that thing has never lost its edge! I'd love to find a whole set of em! It's my go to knife for peeling potatoes or slicing fruit and vegetables, and it's a STEAK KNIFE!

Dim Mak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    Naptown
    "Newer Design"... Makes me think they've found newer ways to cut corners. I try my best to keep clear of anything made outside the USA.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Yes the fusion line of sog machetes are plain poor, soft steel, flimsy, are these blades even hardened?
    This year i went to chop down my tomatoes plants and the blade dented more than cut.
    There's a little exaggeration here but the blade is simply a POS.

Now i can trust the sog multitools, bits are stronger, blades harder, the steel resist harsh chemicals like 12 % chlorine etc, alot better than my leatherman in black oxide.

Thanks for the trom tip I've been lookin for a proper replacement.

Here are some pics, iv'e only used it 4 times, brush around hard fishing spots, or in the garden.

twisted blade

Last edited:
    Top Bottom