• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    A thicker blade will take more abuse, but a thinner blade will have a thinner edge and feel sharper. I prefer the 4 or 6 for task such as skinning game, where as the 5 makes a much better chopper. The fire bow drill pivot in the 5 is a pretty cool feature that I have grown fond of, and comes with a sheath that has has more retention. All three of the blades you mentioned will get the job done.

The Kabar lacks a full tang, making it prone to breaking if your using it for abusive task. The Becker has never appealed to me due to the overall feel of it (mostly being the handle) but would work fine if your on a tighter budget.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    It has been proven over and over in many videos that the ESEE 5 will outlast the BKR 2. Also the ESEE 5 is more durable than the Becker2 (BKR2) and you will get a much better warranty with the ESEE if you ever need to use it at least it is there. I do not like the handles that comes on the BKR2. Too smooth and no traction. You can always modify the handle to your taste if you want to put in the extra work. So there you have it. Both knives are 1/4 inch thick blade, now you decide.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Green had a good suggestion with Bark River; you'll learn a lot just going thru their catalog. While you're at it, check out Blind Horse Knives and Micahel Morris. They are custom makers with a some great designs and they are very affordable.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Buy an ESEE from Knifelady. There, I saved everyone the trouble of saying it. :)
    ^^^^THIS^^^^^ ESEE all they way! Im saving up for a Junglas and will pick one up from Knifelady at the next 1500! I wouldve got it this last show but by the time I got there on the last day of the show it was too late so im gonna have to wait for the next one.:ingo:

Muntz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Oil your knife when you clean your guns. I use a Rig grease on mine and it helps to protect it.

Top Bottom