• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cornmilitia

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Jasper Co.
    So this may sound a little defeatist but I just feel that this AWB is more like a tsunami coming our way, we might have a few waves that aren't real high up the beach yet. But when this thing makes landfall were all getting washed out to sea. So my question is when is this gonna become law, just looking for some input.

Cornmilitia

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Jasper Co.
    Im just looking at the NRA supported legislators that going turncoat like joe manchin and chuck grassley, im not even worried about reed that was bound to happen. In the end they are all politicians and are looking for votes. Depending on their constituencies, the hate that the loudmouths in the US have for guns especially evil ASSAULT RIFLES could have a serious effect. it just seems that unless you are a true gun enthusiast you wont even know where to look for the truth about guns, for sure not the main stream media. Lemmings come to mind

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok, let's take a deep breath.:D

How do you see this passing in both chambers? Show your work.

The last AWB was 6.5 years after the Stockton Hysteria.

^^ This.

The legislative process is a marathon, not a sprint.

It is interesting to me how things play out. At the same time as the Newton tragedy, we are learning that law-abiding citizens with weapons are cutting short other tragedies. They are still tragedies, and we should never lose our sympathy or compassion.

But, when it comes to the political/legislative side of this debate, for as much as some say the 2d amendment is the problem, it is really the solution.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Im just looking at the NRA supported legislators that going turncoat like joe manchin and chuck grassley, im not even worried about reed that was bound to happen. In the end they are all politicians and are looking for votes. Depending on their constituencies, the hate that the loudmouths in the US have for guns especially evil ASSAULT RIFLES could have a serious effect. it just seems that unless you are a true gun enthusiast you wont even know where to look for the truth about guns, for sure not the main stream media. Lemmings come to mind

They think they're scoring political points. Keep in mind, they will have to face re-election in 2014, so when it comes time to put or shut up, some of them will blink. They all know what happened in 1994. Things don't happen overnight in Washington and I believe that after the hysterical and illogical outrage begins to subside some of the rats will change their tune as they always do.

Cornmilitia

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Jasper Co.
    I hope your right, the other problem is our current president is not afraid to write executive orders to bypass our legislative process. Now i know it would raise a stink and probably seem impossible at this point but our executive branch's power seems to be expanding rapidly and we've all seen they're not afraid of some dirty underhanded things. Maybe it'll be six years but that is still a timeframe

Top Bottom