• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Mrs. oze came to the range! She did it as a favor to our son, and I am very proud of her. I could tell that she was terrified, but she stuck it out for 20-25 rounds; the first few at 3 yards. She was wearing out the bull"s eye, so she moved the target back to 7 yards. She did well, but most importantly, had outstanding muzzle and trigger finger discipline. She even asked some good questions.

All in all, she admitted that she didn't hate the experience, but didn't like it either; she doesn't want to try shooting again. But I never thought we'd get her to shoot at all, so who knows?
    1b58c135a2ff442c8ea18c6bb6014c4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Congratulations. Since I met my wife. Shes never been anti gun. Has always asked how every gun works so she knows how to use should the need ever arise. But recentky applied to her LTCH and wants to carry a gun!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Congrats Oze, it just takes time.
    My wife was not very pro gun when we met, but has come around. She now has her LTCH, and carries daily. She has decided that she will not be a victim. It's a mindset, but it takes time.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    Have her shoot a big .22lr pistol like a S&W Victory, Browning Buck Mark, or Ruger Mark IV. My wife and I started together last year and she now has her own Ruger Mark IV.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Wife started with a Ruger Charger shooting targets at the range using a bench. Found it “stress relieving” (her words), and now has had her lifetime LTCH for a number of years. Change is possible.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Look into the "Well Armed Woman" chapter in Ft. Wayne. They seem to have a good thing going. My wife joined and attends the Michiana Chapter meetings and range days.

https://twawshootingchapters.org

Have her look into it and see if it's something she'd be interested in. You can accompany her if she likes.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Good call! A Browning Buck Mark is what we rented for her.

1. oze, I have been reading this with interest and a little envy.
    2. My wife is not so much anti-gun, as yours was to start, but just anti-interest. When first married she actually shot a little, and was quite good (imo, ha!).
    3. I would love to spend time with her at the range (anything but yard work! :laugh:).
    4. We used to walk miles together, then I got to where I couldn't even go around the block (arthritis).
    5. I spent good money buying her and myself "expensive" (by my standards) bikes to go riding together (mine was a "step-through) since I couldn't even lift my leg onto a women's bike), but even then I could only ride for about 20 minutes and I'd be done. :dunno: (used to have matching bikes when younger)
    6. It would be a wonderful diversion to be able to shoot together for fun. I can't even dream enough for her to carry, which I would feel better about.
    7. Continue to keep us informed of the journey! :thumbsup:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My daughter asked me what I wanted for fathers day. I answered "to go to the range with both my kids". She said ok. But I don't want to shoot anything. I said that was fine. My son and I were shooting for about 10 minutes. She was kinda looking interested. I asked her if she wanted to try and she said yes!

She shot very well. I was a proud happy papa. She shot my 10-22, 30-06, 640-3 and my 1911. We all had a great time.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My daughter asked me what I wanted for fathers day. I answered "to go to the range with both my kids". She said ok. But I don't want to shoot anything. I said that was fine. My son and I were shooting for about 10 minutes. She was kinda looking interested. I asked her if she wanted to try and she said yes!
    She shot very well. I was a proud happy papa. She shot my 10-22, 30-06, 640-3 and my 1911. We all had a great time.

1. My 38 yr. old daughter got me a 3 month pass to Point Blank in Greenwood last Xmas: perfect! :thumbsup:
    2. I had moved in November and was using "free passes" they gave me at the Point Blank in Carmel where I had been going.
    3. Since I go to another range closer to my home (Indy Gun Bunker: a small one) now, guess what I'll ask for Xmas next year also (unless I can get her to buy me some ammo, ha!

Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    It seems that going together to a range is a good way to break the ice, especially with older kids going along too.

Ive found that an outdoor range, or a private property range is often a better situation, as it eliminates a lot of the intimidation of having others shooting close to you.

Having some good noise cancelling headphones helps a lot too, lol.

Good luck and also looking forward to updates.

Top Bottom