• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joshnbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Indianapolis
    well ingo i reach out to you, i have now bent the magazine tube on my shotgun trying to change the forearm and the magazine follower. it gets worse. Now it is difficult to rack the slide and it is scratching the paint off the magazine tube. Need some serious advice on fixing this problem. Thanks Josh

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Shot gun type?? Probably the best solution will be to order a new tube from the manufacturer or part supplier or send it back to the factory for a replacement.If you know where Tactical Shotgunner is ,they may help as well. I would worry that it will eventually put excessive wear on on the shotgun due to the binding you described.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I know that some people (not me) have "removed" the dimples from their mags by pounding the appropriate sized socket through the mag. Depending on how yours is bent, doing that might help? Can't hurt... :twocents:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    A friend has a mossburg 935 which was having feeding problems (middel of a goose hunt). He went to disasssemble in front of me for help and I found the plastic mag follower cracked. TOld him to order one from mossburg. Somehow he slightly bent to mag tube when replacing the follower. Mossburg replaced the mag tube for free along with 2 plastic followers.(after borrowing my back up 870 for the other hunts) We replaced the tube together and It did seem fairly fragile, Not what I expected in durability.

Is it fairly new, call who made it. If it is an older mossburg 500 with the single pump arm look at replacing it also.

After that he has had no problems unless he shoots weak shells in it. For turkey and water fowl it works great now and he likes it. I think it makes lots of noise and shakes around to much.

Joshnbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Indianapolis
    mossberg 535, and that brings me to my next question. Will the whole tube unscrew or just the cap on the end. I have read online that if you heat it up it will come off easier. also is it reverse threaded or regular threading? any help is help and appreciated Thanks Josh

Joshnbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Indianapolis
    well from what i have read on the internet the magazine tube had loctite on it. must be the red. so i will have to turn to heating up the magazine tube and receiver to remove it. any sugguestions?

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Careful

Red Loctite will melt between 325 and 450 F. You had better make sure there is nothing plastic anywhere close to the area you are gong to heat. A hand held heat gun will work. Be ready with a rag or insulated gloves to grab the magazine tube. Kep a little pressure on the tube trying to rotate it as you heat the receiver. CAREFULLY! If you have any kind of camo finish or duracoat type finish, send it back to the factory.

Joshnbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Indianapolis
    i think that i am going to have the entire gun refinished anyway and i was thinking about doing it the way that you described. Could a hair dryer do the trick or do i need something hotter like a heat gun or a propane torch?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    OMG Josh please don't take a torch to your gun. Swallow your pride, cut your losses and get it to a gunsmith or back to the manufacturer for a proper repair.

That is my serious advice.

Joshnbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well the heat gun worked with no ill effects. Looks like I get to keep the pride on the tip of my tongue this time. If Anyone reads this and was wondering if anything other than sending it to have it worked on. I used a heat gun for about 7 minutes wrapped the end of the muzzle with a leather belt and clamped down on it with a vice plier with minimal effort it turned

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Yeah, Mossbergs are great because you can replace EVERYTHING on them without it going back to the factory. Heck, if you have a 500, and want a 590 tube on it, you can do that too!

Now Remington on the other hand.....

Top Bottom