• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Looks like NPCCC will be holding an African Safari Match. Sounds like a fun match. I will be shooting an 1886 Winchester in 45-70. Thought some of you might enjoy this. The match will be shot at anywhere from 20 yds to 100 yds, with a tie breaker shot on a crocodile ....brain shot...size of a golf ball.....at 80 yds.

Sounds like a great reason to bring out the big guns. The match will be Saturday, August 17th. This hasn't been added to their match schedule yet. Hope to see some of you there.

This was posted on their forum

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

I, Bill Kucek, will be hosting (Match Directing) an African Match in either late July or late August. It will be on one of the open Saturdays. The rifles will be limited to .375 and larger (.444 Marlin and .45/70 OK). It will be limited to 20 rds. because I know how expensive the big stuff is!! I will present awards to the top 3 Great White Hunters and also ribbons to the top 3 "Best Dressed" G.W.H.. I have 2 requests for the potential Bwanas

1. I would like the targets to be full sized Lion, Leopard, Cape Buffalo, Impala, and Kudu. Therein lies my problem!! Does anyone know where to get these targets and/or an artist who would draw a set of them for us?

2. I realize that very few of us have eligible rifles, so I would like to ask those who are coming to agree to let other shooters use their guns if they bring a box of factory ammo to shoot in it. If you are willing to share the fun, please let me know so I can announce what calibers the shooters need to bring!

Thanks, Bill Kucek (bkucek60@hotmail.com )
    (219-309-6651)

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Anyone coming out for this shoot? If you don't have the right gun, bring some ammo. Someone will let you shoot their gun. Hope you can make it out.

Top Bottom