NPCCC Meeting December 11th? Any suggested locations available?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Found out that ...hmmm. for some strange reason the Hobart PD Substation at Westfield Mall which has often hosted the December and January meetings due to the weather has suddenly developed some "scheduling conflicts". Apparently having 25-50 Lawfully armed adult American Citizens on the premises... does not exactly fit in with their new "no Guns Allowed policy put in place in the last couple weeks.
    (gee that couldn't possibly have anything to do with the 15 yr old a couple weeks ago ILLEGALLY letting off a round into the ceiling could it?)

ANYWAY, we need a location to move this meeting to, preferably somewhere in Hobart, Lake Station or somewhere along the County Line area to be convenient for members coming from Lake and Porter Counties, (yes and closer for you ILL-ANNOYAN members... also)

Obviously it needs to be somewhere with Heat, and have seating or space for about 50... Any Suggestions from the NWI INGO Community? ... Respond either here or by PM. Thanks...

(Ohh and by the way, this is just the latest reason why I refuse to shop now or in the future at Southlake (Westfield Mall)

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Sorry to hear you need to find a new place for the meeting. used to be a member before a new job and there was never a problem at the sub police station. Have to wonder what caused the change as there are NPCCC members from many local police departments when I was a member.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Sorry to hear you need to find a new place for the meeting. used to be a member before a new job and there was never a problem at the sub police station. Have to wonder what caused the change as there are NPCCC members from many local police departments when I was a member.

Its really only for the two or three meetings when the weather is so cold... That and we liked having something in Lake county to make it easier for some of the other members who are not able to get all the way over to Porter County to the Club...
    As to what caused the Change???? me thinks it is This...
    Police, mall officials have zero tolerance for misconduct during holidays : Hobart News

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    That's really a shame. My experience with the Hobart PD on the one case they worked with me on was that they did a really great job and were happy to provide me with anything I asked for. Too bad their bureaucrats aren't as good as their Detectives.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Still looking for a location.... Does anyone know if Bass Pro Shop in Portage has a meeting room? It might be good for business to have a meeting of 2A people in the store.

Also, does anyone know if the "new" gun shop in Portage has any meeting space before I call them?

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Still looking for a location.... Does anyone know if Bass Pro Shop in Portage has a meeting room? It might be good for business to have a meeting of 2A people in the store.

Also, does anyone know if the "new" gun shop in Portage has any meeting space before I call them?

i'm real sure basspro has a meeting room/rooms, gander by the mall definitely does, not sure what/if they charge for it. downrange dynamics in portage (assuming that's who you're talking about) doesn't have that kind of space, building's too small altogether.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    How about the brand new police station and city hall in Lake Station? Maybe we could get a tour of th indoor range they have while we are there? Or perhaps the library right next door? Just a couple of things off th top of my head.....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    cabelas? I believe it costs, but it should be able to fit the group

Lake County Public Library have meeting rooms you can use. The main branch on US-30 could hold 50+ as can the one in Dyer/Scherville. The other locations IIRC hold 30 or less.

You have the vaplo library as well that has rooms. Took my ham test there and that room was for about 20. These are free locations BTW.

As for Cabela's yes the rooms cost money. If you are a non-profit I think you can get the room for free as that is how one of the prepper's club GB is associated with LiveFree does it and holds it's classes. Otherwise I think it's $50 for the room rental.

Top Bottom