• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GasTube138

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2023
    Munster
    Are there any NPCCC members here? I'm interested in joining, and I'm not coming on a forum as a random guy and asking for sponsorship. What I AM asking is 1- How's your experience there? and 2- Would you be willing to meet up with me, a random guy on a forum, and take me to it so I can check it out to see if I want to become a member?

"Just go to a match there!" Great idea, there's really not much it seems until March. I'd prefer to go sooner. There seems to be some trap shooting in Feb I might try to make, but that is still a limited view of the club.

I try to make some sort of match or comp monthly, at a few different ranges. But most that I really like are over an hour away and NPCCC is maybe 30-35 min from me. So it'd really be ideal if it's a decent club.

I appreciate it, and thanks.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Depending what you are looking for in a club and how far you are willing to drive, Michigan City Rifle Club may be of interest to you. We have a membership coordinator or I’ll be happy to bring you as my guest if you want to check the place out.

GasTube138

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2023
    Munster
    Depending what you are looking for in a club and how far you are willing to drive, Michigan City Rifle Club may be of interest to you. We have a membership coordinator or I’ll be happy to bring you as my guest if you want to check the place out.
    I'd be open to it. The 2 main things in looking for is 1- Being allowed to shoot steel (with a rifles and pistols) and 2- At least 200 yards distance. I notice it has out to 200, so that's good. Can you shoot steel at the 50 and 100's? Thanks.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    I'd be open to it. The 2 main things in looking for is 1- Being allowed to shoot steel (with a rifles and pistols) and 2- At least 200 yards distance. I notice it has out to 200, so that's good. Can you shoot steel at the 50 and 100's? Thanks.
    FWIW next sat @ michigan city there is a RCSA match at the indoor range. im sure pete swenson would be happy to show you around the outdoor ranges after the match. match starts at 8am. it would be a good way to meet up with people, theres always at least 2 or 3 mich city members at the match.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    They have steel hanging at 100 and 200, depending on what steel you are using and how you place it, you can probably put your own at 50. On the pistol range there is steel you can shoot from 10-25. Showing up at a match is a great way to meet some club members, you will likely find them to be a welcoming group.

GasTube138

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2023
    Munster
    Yeah, doesn't seem like I can make any of the matches on the calendar at the moment so for now I'll just keep driving out to MI. NPCCC didn't really work for me, so I'm back to looking.

Top Bottom