• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Here's the deal. Just paid off my epl nra membership earlier this month and today recieved my ballot package. Being as i was never a voting member till now, I dont know a lot about the candidates. Im asking long time Nra voters for advice on if there are certain candidates to stay away from, as i have roughly a week and a half to get this mailed back, so between work and everything else i won't have a great deal of time to research all 35 candidates.
    Just wondering if there are any of these candidates on the ballot i should stay away from or any that are for sure votes Yes?
    Thanks Ingo for any help. I want to make my vote count but just do not have the time to research every candidate within the next 10 days. I've got the info in the magazines i get and the little pamphlet sent with the ballot, but obviously its not a whole lot of info on each individual and i figure some of you may know if some of these candidates have leaned towards giving up a right here or there in order to gain something somewhere else.
    Thanks again for any input

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Here's the deal. Just paid off my epl nra membership earlier this month and today recieved my ballot package. Being as i was never a voting member till now, I dont know a lot about the candidates. Im asking long time Nra voters for advice on if there are certain candidates to stay away from, as i have roughly a week and a half to get this mailed back, so between work and everything else i won't have a great deal of time to research all 35 candidates.
    Just wondering if there are any of these candidates on the ballot i should stay away from or any that are for sure votes Yes?
    Thanks Ingo for any help. I want to make my vote count but just do not have the time to research every candidate within the next 10 days. I've got the info in the magazines i get and the little pamphlet sent with the ballot, but obviously its not a whole lot of info on each individual and i figure some of you may know if some of these candidates have leaned towards giving up a right here or there in order to gain something somewhere else.
    Thanks again for any input
    I voted a while back so I've slept since then. I usually go through the list of candidates/info and identify the "absolutely voting for this person" picks. Think R. Lee Ermy (the Gunny was on the ballot this year I think), Ronnie Barrett, Ollie North. Once you identify the "yes, absolutely" picks you can get into the weeds of the info on the candidates. You'll find a number of outstanding choices with the info provided. I remember voting for Sheriff Prinz (as in Prinz v. US 1997).

From there you may have to rack and stack, do a little research to get to 27 or however many.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I voted a while back so I've slept since then. I usually go through the list of candidates/info and identify the "absolutely voting for this person" picks. Think R. Lee Ermy (the Gunny was on the ballot this year I think), Ronnie Barrett, Ollie North. Once you identify the "yes, absolutely" picks you can get into the weeds of the info on the candidates. You'll find a number of outstanding choices with the info provided. I remember voting for Sheriff Prinz (as in Prinz v. US 1997).

From there you may have to rack and stack, do a little research to get to 27 or however many.

Thats pretty much what im doing. No Emry or North on the ballot i have. Have to pick 25 from whats been reduced to 33 after apparently 2 withdrew. I've got my short list done for sure. Just not sure if there are any on the ballot that have shown, like LaPierre, they're willing to sacrifice some freedoms. I want candidates that refuse to give up another inch.
    Thanks for your insight KellyinAvon

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Thats pretty much what im doing. No Emry or North on the ballot i have. Have to pick 25 from whats been reduced to 33 after apparently 2 withdrew. I've got my short list done for sure. Just not sure if there are any on the ballot that have shown, like LaPierre, they're willing to sacrifice some freedoms. I want candidates that refuse to give up another inch.
    Thanks for your insight KellyinAvon

Do you have a Twitter account? I remember running across a guy on there who was running for the NRA Board. His beliefs aligned more along with the Gun Owners of America in the sense that not only does he not support any new gun control laws but also favors rolling back current ones on the books. I'll see if I can find his name for you.

I found him. His name is Adam Kraut and here is his campaign website he created: Adam Kraut For NRA Board of Directors 2018

What I like about him? How many other people claim to support repeal of the Hughes Amendment and the National Firearms Act?

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Some great info guys! I appreciate it for sure. Had several of these on my short list.

Bobby, i dont do the twitter or Facebook thing, so thanks for finding the link for me. Adam Kraut sounds like a good candidate, and what we need on the committee. Younger, fresh faces, that want to educate, and get back to what the 2a is all about. Got him on my short list as well
    Thanks guys. Keep the good info coming Ingo:patriot:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Adam Kraut and Timothy Knight are the two people that I voted for. The NRA leadership needs reform and swamp draining and I trust those two guys to work toward that goal.

Top Bottom