• ...and so much more!
  • James Ashby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Hello All,

I just wanted to let you know that the schedule for courses is up on the website. I have NRA and Combat Focus Shooting, Inc. course available.

Also April is a good month for Special Events:

Dan Inosanto will be conducting a martial arts seminar at Rising Phoenix Martial Arts Academy (Evansville, IN) on April 12 & 13, 2014.

The Personal Defense Network will be here in Newburgh, IN April 29 - May 1. An Advanced Pistol Handling course (Prerequisite is Combat Focus Shooting or Fundamentals of CFS) and Combat Focus Carbine (No prerequisite) will be offered.

Full details on the website.

Shooting | First Action Self-Defense | NRA and Combat Focus Shooting Courses

James Ashby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Sorry for the delay. Somehow I did not get an email. (I probably have a setting wrong in my email.)

Often recognized as the villain with the sticks opposite Bruce Lee in Game of Death, Dan Inosanto has been one of the driving forces for the growth of martial arts in America. Bruce Lee and he were best friends and he is one of 3 people authorized by Bruce Lee to teach Jun Fan Kung Fu. While these are notable achievements, these are only a tiny part of a very full life of education and sharing. I cannot express the history of it here but to provide an idea: He was raised in the U.S. and served in the Army Airborne. He studied and achieved instructor status in several additional martial arts including Filipino Martial Arts - Kali & Boxing, Majapahit, Muay Thai Boxing, Brazilian Jujitsu, and more. He was one of the early pioneers for martial studies in America helping it to grow and spread. This includes the time frame of Ed Parker's demos. And he continues to promotes martial arts, health and fitness all around the world at a very well seasoned age.

One of the focuses of his seminar will be stick and knife fighting but it will not be limited to this subject. These styles of stick and knife fighting are often used by military and law enforcement. You can YouTube Kali to get a peek. Also there are videos of Guru Inosanto on YouTube as well.

The seminar is going to expose you to a lot of different things, some you may be able to use immediately, while others will only make you want to learn more. So it is not like a CFS course in that you get the instruction and take it all with you to develop a specific response. Jeff Westfall, the owner of Rising Phoenix, refers to it as a consciousness raising exercise. I attended 2 years ago and had a great time. I learned some valuable lessons and was fired up for more instruction. You can sign up for one or both days of the seminar.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom