NRA Instructor Course: southern half of IN?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Is there anyone in the southern part of Indiana that teaches the course required to become an NRA Instructor? I haven't done any NRA courses yet, but I'm thinking about taking a few and maybe even considering becoming an instructor because there doesn't seem to be many in my area.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Try Dr. Shick in Bloomington... not sure if he is doing them anymore... or call NRA, they will give you a list.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    We offer the NRA Pistol & Home Firearm Safety instructor course up here in Fishers. We also do Range Safety Officer and Chief Range Safety Officer Courses. PM if you want to get on the list.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    You can get a list of Training Counselors (need to be a TC to do instructors' classes) from the NRA Training Dept., but it will be badly out of date--disconnected phones, bouncing e-mails, old addresses, etc.

If you do find a current, functional phone/e-mail/address, you may not get a response. I can assure you the process is (usually) frustrating, long, and more expensive than you might imagine--a TC can charge whatever he/she wants. On top of all that, some TCs see training new instructors as threats to perceived "territory;" therefore, they either won't teach instructors or charge an arm and a leg or won't teach instructors within a certain radius--100 miles, for example.

I wish you the best!

Update!
    See Indy Gun Safety above! Word on the street is he is a delightful exception to the problems I outlined.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Update!
    See Indy Gun Safety above! Word on the street is he is a delightful exception to the problems I outlined.

Thank you for the kind words, NIFT. When one decides to become an NRA Training Counselor you have to understand that for the greater good, the walls of competition must come down. That doesn't mean I'm going to let you in on every single aspect of my business, but you can rest assured you will get the quality course the NRA wants you to have, to give you the best chance of success.

We are secure and confident in our market position because of the quality programs we offer. We know that those we teach are going to become our competitors IF they overcome the typical obstacles faced by new entrants in any market. We will Give you the best course possible and send you on your way with a handshake and a smile. Then all bets are off! :draw:

:D

Top Bottom