• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Best we can do is bombard local media and our government officials making our feelings known. Ultimately they know if we get pissed enough we can put them out of a job.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    i really wonder what they will say and if the statement will be listened to by the govt or just ignored cause they will do what they want anyways at this point

Since I remember their statements when the AWB of '94 was being debated, I have ZERO faith in the NRA.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I agree on the orielly statement! Also the NRA, if they don't show their teeth and do hold their ground I'll be freaking pissed. I'm already asking what I'm paying for havin heard really nothing so far.... That can be said for the Republican Party as well as they seem to have rolled over and played dead. Hopefully I'm missing something here and just seeing red at the moment.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I see a Press release will be forthcoming from NRA on Friday. I pray the NRA will offer REAL solutions to the security problems in our schools. Please look at and carefully examine what is being done in Israel and Thailand. Armed parents, teachers, volunteers in our schools is the answer.
    Bad Ideas: Clinton's School Zones as "Gun Free Zones" has made our schools the shooting gallery for nutcases. And of course, we all know that banning certain guns or high capacity magazines has NO effect on crime, (like, remember the 1994 thru 2004 assault rifle and magazine ban?).

It is obvious that programs in Israel and Thailand are effective in providing safer school environments for the children. These programs and interventions could be utilized in this country to provide for the safety of our children. However, such programs would not be viewed as "politically correct" by the current administration in Washington. The gun grabbers have no intention of providing a safer environment for our children, or our citizens. The gun grabbers simply pursue the agenda of disarming all law abiding citizens. As such, the gun grabbers will exploit any tragedy that may benefit their cause.

Massad Ayoob » Blog Archive » BEYOND SYMBOLISM: PROTECTING THE CHILDREN
    What manner of prevention does Thailand have in place? I don't know anything about this.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I don't think they will offer "meaningful contributions" to any kind of ban. They will offer gun education courses, be part of any committee that the gov't wants them to be a part of, etc. They will discuss issues in the mental health field, violence on tv/movies/games, and why gun control isn't the answer. They want to be seen as part of the solution, not the source of the problem.

If they say one word about violence on tv/movies/music/games, they're bigger idiots than I thought. If someone actually thinks that violence in entertainment is creating people that carry out mass shootings, they need to be sterilized immediately. Violence in entertainment has been around since entertainment began. If people can't parent their kids, they don't need to be having any.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom