• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Anybody else get an NRA packet in the mail? Mine had an extra page inside to sign and send back saying I support the 2nd ammendment and gun rights! I sent it back and finally joined the NRA, we will see if its worth anything.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I also got one Friday. I also joined this time. I have some mixed feelings about it but I do agree that we need to protect our rights as best as we can.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Why would any gun owner be on the fence regarding membership in the NRA. After all they are the ONLY BIG DOG in our fight for firearms freedom. Just imagine if every single gun owner in the U.S. of A was in fact a member.

Good grief $35 bucks a year, that only approx $ .10 cents a day to help protect our rights.

You say you don't agree with everything they stand for, well list right here any organization you agree completely with, and everything they stand for.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I got a packet in the mail with a $750 check to apply towards an upgrade to Endowment Life Membership. I still cant afford the other $250 of it though.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Anybody else get an NRA packet in the mail? Mine had an extra page inside to sign and send back saying I support the 2nd ammendment and gun rights! I sent it back and finally joined the NRA, we will see if its worth anything.
    I am a member, but I don't get too much into responding to all the mail I get. Seems like the more you do that the more they send you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why would any gun owner be on the fence regarding membership in the NRA. After all they are the ONLY BIG DOG in our fight for firearms freedom. Just imagine if every single gun owner in the U.S. of A was in fact a member.

Good grief $35 bucks a year, that only approx $ .10 cents a day to help protect our rights.

You say you don't agree with everything they stand for, well list right here any organization you agree completely with, and everything they stand for.

Easy trigger. After posting about being on the fence these exact thoughts came to mind. The check is in the mail.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    When I joined last year they started with the junk mail almost immediately. I emailed them and told them, quite firmly, that I didn't want their junk mail. Haven't heard from them since.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    I get something once a month or so. Lately its been all of the "Defeat Obama" stuff, but that's to be expected right now. I don't mind all that much, tbh. They are the biggest force out there fighting for us so some junk mail here and there isn't bad.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I really don't get why some people make such a fuss about junk mail. If you don't want it, don't even open it, just throw it away. But I guess we got to complain abbout something, I just prefer not to direct it towards the largest organization helping to defend our rights.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Its my understanding much of the mail (junk) received as requests from the NRA is done by an outside fund raising organization and the NRA gets a percentage of the returns. In other words, they have no expense and still get the benefits.

WIN, WIN

Papper2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    I got a packet in the mail with a $750 check to apply towards an upgrade to Endowment Life Membership. I still cant afford the other $250 of it though.
    borrow the $$$$$ do the life membership if you are young----even if you are not-- the NRA is the best we have---even if ya dont agree with everything on their agenda--

Top Bottom