• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Indy Gun Safety will be offering the NRA PISTOL INSTRUCTOR Course on July 30th & 31st at our Fishers location. Range exercises will be conducted Sunday, July 31st at Atlanta Conservation Club. Successful candidates will be able to teach NRA Basic Pistol & Pistol First Steps courses upon completion and appointment by the NRA.

This course includes NRA Basic Instructor Training (BIT) and the discipline specific pistol instructor course.

All candidates must complete a pre-course questionnaire and pre-course evaluation prior to attending. The pre-course evaluation includes a written test and a shooting evaluation. Candidates must score 90% or better on the written test. The candidate must score 80 out of 100 in loading, unloading, clearing stoppages and shooting. The shooting portion requires a 6” group on a 9” target at 15 YARDS. (45 Feet) The shooting assessment may be waived if the candidate has DOCUMENTED PROOF of one of the following classifications:

NRA conventional or action pistol Sharpshooter or higher;
    IDPA Marksman or better;
    USPSA/IPSC “C” or better;
    NRA LEAD handgun/shotgun or Tactical Handgun certified instructor;

Assessment dates will be set as needed prior to the course.

Cost: $200 (Includes instructor fees!)

Instructor: Randall DeWitt, NRA Training Counselor

Please email us at info@IndyGunSafety.com or PM for more information.

Last edited:

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Once this instructor certification is obtained, what has to be done to maintain it?

NRA "highly suggests" teaching at least one course per year in each discipline you are certified to teach. While there is no requirement to do so, it's hard to stay proficient in teaching these programs if you don't ever do so.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I am going to offer the assessment some time the week before the course up at ACC. This may be in the form of an IDPA classifier (kill 2 birds with one stone) or just the simple "6 inch group at 45 feet test." If I can do this, then yes you can take it before registering. But If I have to do them one at a time on different days, no.

Remember, any of the following classifications meet the shooting requirement:

NRA conventional or action pistol Sharpshooter or higher;
    IDPA Marksman or better;
    USPSA/IPSC “C” or better;
    NRA LEAD handgun/shotgun or Tactical Handgun certified instructor;

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    Randy, I want in for the September class. Also, I would like first option on either class cancellations if you have any.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom